Cheltenham-Early thoughts

Looking to hasten his January exit?

Birmingham played Brentford today, both Jutkiewicz and Hogan scored. Hogan missed a penalty too.

88th minute winner for Hourihane for Barnsley too, away to Forest.

Aiden McGeady came on for Eoin Doyle after 78 minutes in Preston’s win at Burton Albion.

No sign of Horgan or Boyle yet, wonder if they’ll make an appearance this season or whether it’ll take them a while to be included a la Towell.

Towell was going into one of the best teams in the Championship so was always going to be difficult to get in. I would imagine Horgan will definitely get a chance this season, Boyle probably depends on how the other centre halves do

Do you know anything about this Liam Kelly chap at Reading?

He’s getting incredible reviews.

I don’t tbh; I haven’t really paid much attention to Reading this season but they’re doing very well.

Wikipedia says he only has 1 cap for the U-21s which does seem to be a little odd if he is as good as the Reading fans seem to think. It’s not as if we’ve been overloaded with talent at that age group in recent years.

Hopefully Reading go up and he makes his mark in the Premiership.

Would they have been registered for action yesterday in any case?

I would have thought they’d have had to wait for the transfer window to slam open before playing

He’s a midget.

He’ll be the next Wesley Hoolahan.

Possibly not. Preston are playing Arsenal in the cup on Saturday, Horgan might possibly make the bench.

its a different sitaution i think aristotle
Preston are not similar at all to brighton
if you look at Brighton’s attack, they have an array of options, Tomer Hemed an israeli international striker who was with mallorca before that and banged in a few again at the weekned is very much a squad player, they really rotate…
towell had his chance last year in a game i think at hillsboro , he got one chance , it didnt work out for him and then with injury he didnt feature at all pre season
He was playing and scoring with their u-23s in the anglo italian cup or whatever they call it now but he never makes the first team bench.
Preston are a lot different, for a start they gave Horgan the no.7 shirt, yes that’s a sign of intentions, a look at their squad and the standard of the championship, (100mph kick rush at their level) and Horgan has a chance…
he’ll need to take it at first opportunity tho
id imagine Boyle will go out on loan to Mansfield and hook up with patrick hoban

1 Like

Tom Field, Irish u-16 cap with two goals for Brentford today. He’s a left back.

Was impressed by Liam Kelly v United

Matt Doherty scores for Wolves - seems to be doing very well for them of late. Surely with Christie injured he will be due a call up shortly.

Horgan on the bench for PNE.

He has been called up a few times I think

Don’t think he’s made it past the extended squad.

Two goals for Pilkington, they beat Bristol City 3-2 away. O’Dowda started for Bristol City. Brian Murphy was in goal for Cardiff, scored an OG.

Daryl Horgan makes his first start for Preston this afternoon :clap:

1 Like