Irish banking shares

Lol

Look, there are people out there, I’m not saying who they are or what they did, but they know who they are and what they did. So they do.

And they hiding behind keyboards.

As an aside I always wondered how small someone would have to be to hide behind a key board.

5 Likes

@TreatyStones ?

1 Like

Davy’s have closed the bond desk altogether. 4 lads let go

Them boys will get a nice redundancy

1 Like

And implicit is that some or all were part of the 16. Google the Davy page and you can quickly figure out the likely 4

The Currency pushing hard on this story and really getting into the weeds on it. You kinda feel this is at a tipping point and one more explosive story could result in the end of Davy. I’ve no doubt there are stories out there - only question is do they end up in the hands of a journalist.

Revealed: How resigned executives retain power in Davy’s offshore empire https://thecurrency.news/articles/39086/revealed-how-resigned-executives-retain-power-in-davys-offshore-empire/

1 Like

Who would have the capacity to buy them out if that were to happen?

Be only AIB or BOI surely…

Pj

1 Like

Its nearly a bigger scandal that this happened in 2014 and is only being acted on now.

3 Likes

Depends what price it was worth if and when it was sold!

1 Like

The central bank of Ireland never rush into anything to be fair.

Know a lad that used to work up there pre 2008, now he was a useless bastard, lazy as they come - cute enough to get on with a middle manager though.

I reckon the same craic is going on there with the same apes.

AIB are only after buying back Goodbody. They must be sick they didn’t wait a week.

Cantor Fitz could buy them if they tapped up the parent company. Might be attractive to someone who isn’t currently in the Irish market as well

1 Like

Some of those lads probably being paid €500k a year in the meantime.
They knew this was coming but thought it’d all blow over, arrogant clowns

The Central Bank is a grand cushy number if their annual leave policy of 35 days per year is anything to go by.

1 Like

The arrogance of it is something else in fairness alright. They must be a bit worried about their clients looking on though.

You go in and do a few soft years in the central bank on a low enough starting wage then one of the stockbrokers will hire you on a nice wedge so that they have people who have mates in the central bank. It’s very incestuous

Can someone tell me why Davy are needed to sell government bonds ???

The banks are unreal.

Back in the glory years one of my uncles was relatively high up in one of them and used never take annual leave on Dec 27th, 28th, or 29th every year.

He’d tip into the office in the morning and send an email or two and then head out to Leopardstown for the afternoon. Never a word said. :grinning:

There are multiple institutions that can act as primary dealers. Davy’s were the only Irish owned firm. Cantor Fitzgerald have an Irish hub also.