Irish Cricket

Classy century by Joyce, but 229 seems short of par on this pitch. Kevin O’Brien looked set for another big finish, but got out trying to hit Rehman with around 10 overs left. Innings stumbled a bit from there, Joyce didn’t see enough strike as last recognised batsman. We will need early wickets to stand any chance of defending this I’d say.

13/3 after seven. Amazing start by Johnston and Murtagh. Huge chance of a win from here.

21/4 off 11 now. Johnston just had an unbelievable over that drew three genuine edges. Only one taken, one dropped at slip and one went just wide of the keeper. Massive chance to win here.

62/5 after 23. I think thats good?

112/5 after after 32.

And Dockerill just bowls an lbw :clap: Great play from the Enniscorthy man.

Kevin O’Brien takes a superb one handed low catch to dismiss Rehman. Would be a disaster if we lost from here. Only Kamran Akmal left that can hurt us.

Ah lovely. The Thatcherites absolutely butcher a winning position and the Pakistanis sail home with 8 balls and two wickets to spare. What a bunch of chokers.

:clap: Excellent

Pakistan hit 24 in the 46th over. 24!!

Is that good?

It’s rather a lot.

That was incredibly frustrating. Had them needing 96 from 71 balls, 89 from 59 and 77 from 48 all with three wickets remaining. Got to win a game from that position. Murtagh giving up 24 runs in an over to a tail-ender at the death when the game was on the line was awful, three full tosses in there I think. It was one of the worst overs I’ve ever seen bowled.

Some superb performances in there though. Joyce’s century was top notch and Dockrell bowled really well. The new ball spells from Johnston and Murtagh were excellent too, though Murtagh fairly made up for that in spades at the end. Similarly, Cusack bowled well until an awful over near the end, in fact that was the one that got Wahab Riaz going.

A series victory against one of the major nations was there for the taking. Hugely frustrating.

Y[quote=“braz83, post: 777554, member: 390”]That was incredibly frustrating. Had them needing 96 from 71 balls, 89 from 59 and 77 from 48 all with three wickets remaining. Got to win a game from that position. Murtagh giving up 24 runs in an over to a tail-ender at the death when the game was on the line was awful, three full tosses in there I think. It was one of the worst overs I’ve ever seen bowled.

Some superb performances in there though. Joyce’s century was top notch and Dockrell bowled really well. The new ball spells from Johnston and Murtagh were excellent too, though Murtagh fairly made up for that in spades at the end. Similarly, Cusack bowled well until an awful over near the end, in fact that was the one that got Wahab Riaz going.

A series victory against one of the major nations was there for the taking. Hugely frustrating.[/quote]

Yes Team Thatcher blew it alright.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 777555, member: 706”]Y

Yes Team Thatcher blew it alright.[/quote]
That was barely funny the first time.

For what it’s worth, I really don’t think banning a player for expressing a political view (albeit in a rather haphazard an silly manner) is a good idea. I wouldn’t withdraw my support for the team on the basis of one flawed decision by the administrative body though.

Ah would you ever fuck off with this cricket.

[quote=“braz83, post: 777558, member: 390”]That was barely funny the first time.

For what it’s worth, I really don’t think banning a player for expressing a political view (albeit in a rather haphazard an silly manner) is a good idea. I wouldn’t withdraw my support for the team on the basis of one flawed decision by the administrative body though.[/quote]
I would and I would have no respect whatsoever for his “teammates” for standing idly by and letting him be banned.

They had to obey orders Fagan :wink:

I’m getting into the realm of conjecture, which I should really avoid, but I’d imagine that the split demographics of Irish cricket would mean that there is probably an aim to avoid politics at all cost. I’d guess that’s why Mooney was come down on so hard, and potentially why the other players would want to avoid kicking up a fuss.

Pakistan were, in the words of the great Iron Mike “only toying with them”

Ireland qualified for CWC 2015 in Australia and New Zealand by virtue of an exciting tie earlier on today against Holland.

It wasn’t crucial that we got a result today but the tie ensures we’ll finish top of that league of associate nations and so we’re the first one of them to qualify.

We had beaten Holland the other day in the first of two games.

I’m back supporting the team now after my John Mooney protest. He shipped 10 runs off the last 2 balls today to lead to the tie.