Irish Cricket

Ireland win. :clap:

More Sabina Park heroics.

Hopefully the West Indies coach won’t be found dead overnight.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 906302, member: 9”]Ireland win. :clap:

More Sabina Park heroics.

Hopefully the West Indies coach won’t be found dead overnight.[/quote]
I still reckon Inzi was behind that one.

Are you watching Eoin Morgan?!

:pint::pint::pint::clap::clap::clap:Fucking terrific stuff from Ireland, brilliant win. I have so far received 6 emails of congratulations (though I only had a minimal role in the victory) from Australian and NZ colleagues, silence from the English.

The lads are back in action against the Windies tonight. Good start from the hosts as they are 26-0 after 3.3 overs, live link here…

2 wickets in 8 balls for no runs by Alex Cusack has turned the game on it’s head. Another wicket as I type, Windies 44-3 after 9 overs.

Ireland in command. Windies 74-7 after 16.1 overs, two run outs in that lot for the hapless Windies.

Windies all over the shop here. Could restrict them to under 100 here.

Multiple cameras and commentary today. :clap: This commentator is seething.

Windies finish on 96-9. Tremendous effort from the lads and a superb chance to clinch a historic series victory over the world champions in the Caribbean.

Dreadful stuff from the batsmen. 26-4 after 10 overs, Sunil Narine doing most of the damage.

Struggling badly in the chase. 26/4 halfway through. Not handling either spinner well. Not looking great.

Need 32 off the last four overs. 6 wickets down. Narine bowled out now. Wilson on 31.

Wilson gone, and we look fucked. Need 25 off 13 now.

Wilson should have left a few of them deliveries alone, they were way down leg side and would have been called wides.

24 needed off 11, looks impossible:(

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 907269, member: 1074”]Wilson should have left a few of them deliveries alone, they were way down leg side and would have been called wides.

24 needed off 11, looks impossible:([/quote]
Hard to get yourself out the way when you’re gearing up for a massive whack.

Another great chance to win a series gone.

Does this Irish team tend to choke more than normal for an Irish team? Theres been a lot of glorious failures in the last few years.

The second ODI against Pakistan last year was a fairly bad choke. I think today was just a very poor batting performance to be honest. Usually they’ve just been outclassed by the full member teams at the crucial moments. They’ve won a few tight ones over the years too. Bangladesh in World T20 2010 springs to mind.

Did they not choke against England in Clontarf or Stormont in recent years or am I mixing that up with another ODI series?

They were in a strong enough position in Malahide last year, but Morgan and Bopara were too good in the end. Think they were very close to beating them in Stormont in a rain affected match in 2009. Had the Aussies up against it in 2010, that was a bit of a choke alright.

It reminds me a lot of the Irish rugby team in the 00’s where they choked in games they should have won when it mattered. Maybe its just an Irish thing.