Irish Cuisine

Rather than clog the other thread.

Is chicken curry half and half a Irish national dish, in the way that Tikka Massala is a British national dish? I mean that McDonnells curry sauce shite isn’t exactly an Asian curry.

Aside from the likes of Bacon & Cabbage, Stew etc. the supposed Irish national dishes. What do we actually eat that is somewhat uniquely Irish or has a weird Irish twist on it? Starter list;

• Lasagna, coleslaw a baked spud/chips.
  • Vol au Vents and chips
  • Spice bag
  • 4 in 1
  • Chicken Fillet Roll
  • Breakfast Roll
  • Taco Chips
2 Likes

Christ, when you put it down like that, no wonder we’re top 3 in the obesity stakes world wide.

We need to go back to meat mash and two veg

4 Likes

Boiled spuds boiled ham boiled cabbage for the dinner. A cup of tea and a few cuts of bread for the tea. No fat cunts back then.

4 Likes

Boil the cabbage to death until all the goodness was gone out of it, then drink the cabbage water because it was where the goodness was.

#animals

Would you have a pint of milk with the feed as well?

Nothing washes down, Lasange, coleslaw and a baked potato better than a ice cold pint of milk

1 Like

Of course. Or a pint of Kia Ora if out having a carvery.

2 Likes

Rock shandy.

2 Likes

I’m always lost for words when internationals ask me about Irish cuisine. It’s fairly shite in comparison to the multinational world we live in.

1 Like

Irish stew I suppose and that’s disgusting.

You’re fucking disgusting

1 Like

Fuck off steamer

1 Like

Fuck off stew is lovely.

6 Likes

Beef stew yes; lamb stew no.

1 Like

Lamb stew can be lovely too.

1 Like

Is there any Irish dish that doesn’t draw it’s origins from impoverishment? Anything from the last 20 years made an impact?

Stew you.

“Irish cuisine” is very new, given that not much over 100 years ago the majority of population was living in poverty. It never really got a chance to establish itself before food became global so it’s highly unlikely a uniquely Irish style of food will ever emerge.

The chicken fillet roll