Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Hislop generally only likes to get involved on the back of a gang. He doesn’t back himself solo and we can see why.

1 Like

I never get involved in any gang.

Stats! Stats can be used to prove anything. 75% of people know that.

I’d imagine he was, but there could be someone from the 20s or 30s with more.

Back then the number of caps were very low.

Wasn’t @Sandymount_Red a Shels fan?

They both were until shels were shit

Offt :cherries:

A life long affliction :frowning_face:

It was that dinosaur trap who ignored wes in he’s prime. An absolute disgrace.

1 Like

“Wes” was playing for Livingston in the Scottish first division in his prime

5 Likes

Livingston and League one with Norwich

2 Likes

Well hit mate.

These guys who see a Dunphy quote and regurgitate it sickens my hole

I see there is a row developing between Dunphy and Sadlier in relation to the below article by Sadlier in the Irish Times on Saturday. The article is fucking woefully written.

So in short, Richie is calling him a talented Fatty?

Huh?

Sadlier’s points go like this:

• Such is Wes’s popularity you would think all he did when young was play football. He didn’t eat or go to school.
  • He left the League of Ireland in 2006 for a team at the bottom of the league in Scotland whio subsequently got relegated and finished 15 points behind the second last team
  • Sadlier worked as a consultant for Wes’s agent and used his contacts at Millwall to watch him playing for Shels. This scout had discovered Teddy Sheringham. He wasn’t impressed
  • The reason Wes didn’t succeed wasn’t his small stature. He had to knuckle down
  • He did that and was a great player for Ireland. Sadlier felt for him that he didn’t play more.
  • Wes said in his statement he was happy with his lot for Ireland which means that we should also believe that.

You can always sense the tension between Sadlier and Dunphy in the studio .

The photo of him at Shels in the piece does Wes no favors.

Bottom line was he was a very late bloomer as regards playing top level club football and obviously failed to play more games as he aged.

I’d honestly say considering where he was in 2006 he’d be pretty happy with his lot.

What chance Mr. Grealish might reconsider his decision?

Himself and Conor Hourihane seem to be tearing it up for Villa at the moment.

Hourihane got a magnificent goal yesterday in their 2-0 win over Birmingham.

1 Like