Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

I think it’s changed man :thinking: one of the stat nerds might enlighten us…

Everyone in Europe is going to the next euros

4 Likes

Who will Denis pick to be the next manager?

Waterford man Big Mick McCarthy

1 Like

No, but id be expecting the u17s and 19s who are ‘going very well’ to have some technical ability .
Eire need to start at grassroots.
Teach small childeren to kick the ball to a teammate 10m away, that type of stuff. I don’t understand how if I can see nobody in Eire soccer can. The emphasis on put em under pressure type soccer is too strong. Primitive stuff.

1 Like

That’s all in vogue now mate. Big Jack was a visionary. He was geggenpressing before it was ever a thing

1 Like

Big Jack was an advocate of the high press before the hipsters were in nappies.

Big Jack was a real football man .

The game has never changed, man.

Big Jack set Irish soccer back 25 years. He had the best group of players we’ve ever had, playing hoof ball.

They do

1 Like

Very hard to see this thing being salvaged now. After the Denmark game, hopefully O’Neill stands down. He’s done well as a manager for us, but it’s starting to resemble a shambles now. Don’t think we’d have a prayer of finishing in the top 2 of a qualifying group right now

ah yeah, it’s a shambles alright

He had a midfielder playing wing back against Denmark and a wing back in midfield, and then he persisted it with it against Wales.

Langering the ball up to Shane Long and no one in a green shirt within forty yards of him. At least if you are playing hoof ball, get bodies up around the man you are hoofing to and do it properly.

1 Like

You wanted Cyrus Christie playing left wing back?

no. Don’t play him. Play a midfielder in midfield

Have him left back at home

1 Like

He has been in terrible form lately

The man of the match from the Denmark game?

1 Like

He was utterly abysmal.

Sponsors man of the match?

It was interesting last night when Scott Hogan was called on as Irelands 3rd sub, David Meyler who was down at the corner flag warming up at the time just sprinted back to his seat.

When you put the run of results together with the Arter/Keane/Ward/Walters/Rice situations, it would seem this regime has run out of road.

Sure mate, sure.