Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

I believe Christensen had a dominating game for Chelsea today and completely snuffed out Lukaku. They have aerially dominant centre backs in Christensen, Kjaer and Vestergaard so Slab will need to be at his best.

I have a bad feeling about this one.
I donā€™t know why.

Because weā€™re not great?

Quite possibly that, but thatā€™s never bothered me before.
I knew weā€™d beat Wales who are shite, even with bale. I have a nasty feeling that Denmark may be better than we think. Maybe I just remember them always being a really decent side back in the day.

The most ominous thing is that Denmark are once again playing in a Hummel-made kit.

That makes them seem a lot more intimidating.

Did I hear joergensen broke his wrist playing for Feyenoord today?

Scoring against Eire can really put you in the shop window as a Denmark footballer. Johnny Sivebaek
scored his only Denmark goal in nearly 100 caps in a 1-4 win at Lansdowne Road in November 1985 and was off to Old Trafford a few weeks later.

Only you can answer that bro

3 Likes

Emmet Malone has a decent interview here with the Danish manager. He seems like an alright sort in fairness

:popcorn:

Never heard of any of the cunts who are meant to be hurt.

Give me a lucky manager any day of the week

2 Likes

Kjaer is a good footballer, he might be their captain too? Youā€™d imagine heā€™d be a big loss. Outside of him and Eriksen, theyā€™re not exactly overloaded with big names either. The Delaney fella is supposedly quite handy too.

bad feeling about this one
think about a 2 nil defeat on saturday night
it was the worst possible draw for us i think, actually worse than croatia, not in terms of technical ability obviously of course, i was going thru their side the other day and its solid out, the likes of Daryl Murphy will be whatever the equivalent of meat and drink is to those boys at the back , theyā€™re hard cunts as well so the whole up and at em attitude wonts say intimidate a bunch of puffs like say switzerland or italy who could get a little bit intimidated by thatā€¦
up front they look average tho
they have a lad called Martin Braithawaite in their squad, he must be the danish equivilant of Norwayā€™s Josh King

3 Likes

Saw Braithwaite play at the weekend, looked a decent footballer. But Murphy has scored more goals this season in the same league.

They absolutely bossed Poland and beat them four nil. And Poland arenā€™t bad.

Christian Eriksen will be given the ā€œrespect he deservesā€, per Oā€™Neill.

McCarthy, Keogh and Maguire out through injury.

Hendrick doubtful after going off injured after an hour for Burnley at the weekend.

Brown, Horgan, Hayes and McGoldrick placed on standby.

Hendrick is fine apparently.

The football correspondents with the daily papers have been suggesting that itā€™ll probably be the same starting team as Cardiff with the exception of Whelan coming in for the suspended Meyler.

I think Whelanā€™s time is up so Iā€™m quite wary about this.

Not sure what other potential changes could be made. Maybe Long for Murphy but I think the latter deserves his place and Long might be useful off the bench. Thereā€™ll be the perennial Wes debate on RTE anyway.

No way Wes starts. Whelans slowing big time. Has to be a better option?