Irish People Poppy Watch

the british legion (poppy pushers) left this wreath at mount st bridge last night

Wtf?

Is there CCTV cameras around the area? They should be hunted down and flogged.

1 Like

The Battle of Mount St Bridge is the IFSC Brigades finest moment.

1 Like

probably left there after the match by a rogbee imperialist weirdo, from cork.

CC @gilgamboa

1 Like

Fighting for their country according to @Locke

Is this shit done for another year now again?

2 Likes

Not until Dec.1

Christ.

From yesterday outside the parish church in Callan. So many men went off to fight for their country and didnā€™t come back :pensive:

3 Likes

I have to be pedantic but they fought for the empire, not their country

2 Likes

I hate to be pedantic but youre wrong, as ive had to point out to our resident phd for lifer. Ireland was an integral park of the uk in WW1, as much as Manchester or glasgow was

1 Like

Ireland was in the United Kingdom in 1914

4 Likes

the revisionists canā€™t get their head around it

1 Like

Indeed it was. But Ireland didnā€™t declare war, the empire did

1 Like

Paddy Brennan the jockey wore one on Luck on Sunday.

Manchester didnā€™t have lands confiscated from the indigenous people and redistributed to foreigners. Didnā€™t have their parliament taken from them and moved to another country. There wasnā€™t a genocide carried out against them. Didnā€™t lose half its population in a 5 year period. Didnā€™t have coercive penal laws render on them until the vast majority had nothing but a mudhut and dirt to live on. Didnā€™t have 300 years of another country trying wipe out their culture, language and religion.

Large chunks of urban Irish may have had a muddled sense of being Irishā€¦ But the majority, the country people, they knew what they were. Their songs and their stories reminded them as did the big houses they had to look at every day.

The church, the middle class shopocracy and the gutter snipe politicians might have sold their lot for few crumbs from John Bull. But the ordinary people always remained Irishā€¦ In Munster anyway.

16 Likes

Even more so in connacht bro. I agree with you there completely. But you havent disproven me.

Thereā€™s no disprovingā€¦ You had two Irelandā€™sā€¦ The one I outlined above and the other one that ruled the country while tied to the British apronā€¦ Suckling on the Saxon milk. We all suffer from this identity crisis today as a result.

1 Like

They still exist, but the country went to that war was strictly speaking the uk