Presidential Election Thread. Aka, Should the deer in the Phoenix Park be getting worried?

It was a great occasion and it would make you proud to be Irish. Had not meant to watch it but saw the start and stayed to the end. A great speech. Jeez he looks fierce shook though.

I didn’t think he looked shook at all, he limped badly but that was the worst of it IMO.

He looks the 70 though. Good luck to him anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqp64q7kHmw

Legend.

I thought he gave an excellent speech, he will grow into the role of statesman and I have no doubt (even though I would have voted for McGuinness) he will be a President Irish people will be proud of, like his two predecessors.

Revisiting the infamous Frontline debate now on Vincent Browne. Best political ambush of all time (that I ever saw).

Dobbo gave the RTE CEO a fair grilling on the Six One news earlier. Was a bit weird to see someone effectively grilling their boss

Bumped for @HBV

1 Like

Top man @Fagan_ODowd

Dirty David withdrew around post 60 or so of this thread and his lurid underage gay sex thingy was introduced at around post 30.

As a result only @artfoley and @Sidney :smile: had rushed into back the durty old hoor by then.
@myboyblue was angling to go with the direction the wind was blowing but was saved by the bell so to speak.

Very commendable contributions from @Rudi and @Julio_Geordio and @farmerinthecity , posters with their fingers on the pulse of common decency on this matter

:grinning:

2 Likes

The above was before the story broke.

#Sidknew

unreal :smile:

I see RTE have agreed “substantial” compensation with Sean Gallagher over Pat Kenny & the bogus tweet during the Presidential election debate.

I presume it’ll be paid as cash in a bag?

Still mad to think that he came so close to being president.

Struggling to remember back that far.
What size lead did Gallagher have?
Why was he so popular? I imagine wasn’t a career politician etc public profile from tv.

Will Dana go again?

A quick google says 15% four days before the election. :fearful:

Thank goodness for Martin McGuinness’s hit job.

I predict that both Iain and Duncan Smith will be confounded and that there will be no presidential election in 2018.

It was down to within the margin of error before the debate because I put a decent wedge on Higgins at the time @ 2/1. The brown envelope was one of the most fortuitous moments in my betting life.

Fianna Fail were backing him

1 Like

Unofficially if I recall.