Presidential Election Thread. Aka, Should the deer in the Phoenix Park be getting worried?

Maria Steens auntie so.

Be worth laying that for a tenner if you could. If there is an election I think people will start to look at his age etc and his promise of a one term presidency and turn off him. He’d still probably be heavy favourite but might be a sniff of value in taking him on at that price

Interesting Brian Feeny article in the Irish News today. He takes the view that if sinn fein run John Finnucane as a candidate he’ll gain a respectable share of the vote, enough to raise his profile enough to oust the dup’s nigel dodds in the next westminster elections. That would leave the dup without their westminster leader in London and their party leader in stormont holding positions of power.

The DUP could negate that by running Dodds for President.

Playing loose and fast with the word interesting there

5 Likes

What was the job before politics? Was he a poet, if that could be classified as a job.

I think the Saw Doctors answered that question in one of their songs.

I wouldn’t be very familiar with the Saw Doctors.

2:49 here, mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYg2IX0OdY0

You couldn’t just go with ‘fast and loose’ like everyone else?

2 Likes

I do my own thing. It’s what makes me a top top poster.

You’d probably vote for him if they did

You’ve reinvented the cliché. You’re quite the boy

Yeah I’ve no idea or interest in how to lay a bet but I feel it could go wrong on him up against a decent female candidate.

It’d need to be on betfair rather than PP

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Humpty Dumpty wasn’t even an egg, the fraud

A few wannabe candidates made their pitch in Waterford today. A load of fucking eejit no hopers. To be honest, the arrogance and lack of self awareness of these people to think they could be in with a chance of winning is astounding. Michael D will walk this.

1 Like

You’re a big fan of a strange little confirmed bachelor who writes poetry and has never really worked a day in his life and enjoys a trendy cause. That’s a turn up for the books.

What about Mickey d himself thinking he’d walk a second term with no challenge after he lied about being a one termer?

1 Like