Presidential Election Thread. Aka, Should the deer in the Phoenix Park be getting worried?

Confirmed batchelor with a beard, sorry, wife.

That Gavin Duffy seems like a right wanker.

4 Likes

Coleman interviwed him yesterday morning on Newstalk and ran rings around the cunt

Sure does. Why would you like to be president? “I like Michael D’s job i want that.”

1 Like

Michael D has it in the bag.

Lock the thread.

Serious question: is there anyone in the whole country who could beat him? Gay Byrne, Brian Friel, Denis O’Brien, anyone? Would Michael O’Leary beat him maybe? Enda Kenny?

60% of voters in 2011 didn’t give Michael Twee their first preference.

Would a strong conservative candidate make an impact? One of those who are always on the “No” side in every election.

I don’t think any of them would being honest. It’s a shaking hands type job, and he’s very good at it. Very inoffensive etc

Enda would definitely beat him

Do you think? Not a hope i think. Presidential elections are very different to general elections.

A very Mayocentric opinion

I’d say he would, certainly in a two horse race. Considering he’d be starting from a base of about 30%, once you add in the general rural vote he’d get and the votes of people who either think Higgins should stick to his one term promise or those who dislike him for being a cross generational stallwart of the pinko intelligentsia, he’d be well on the way.

1 Like

A truly mayopic view alright

I don’t think Brian Friel would seek a nomination.

1 Like

Is the former chauffeur still Mickey D’s main advisor and right hand man?

Michael D lied to the nation.

Politician going back on something he said. Shock horror.

No shock horror there. Compliant media not savaging him is disappointing though.

We can only wish Gavin Duffy well in his latest small furry creature hunt

1 Like

I just passed Sean Kelly and I’d say he’s disgusted FG aren’t running a candidate. He’d surely have given it a rattle.

Amongst other things