Irish Soccer Players Abroad

Seanie Maguire and Alan Browne on the scoresheet for Preston tonight

Young Barry Cotter from Ennis started for Ipswich tonight. Only joined from Limerick in January

1 Like

Thatā€™s mad. Thought he was a couple of years away from a first team place.

Sure Mick doesnā€™t give a bollix now, heā€™ll play any Irish lad thatā€™s available

Ipswich have only dead rubbers left so heā€™s obviously giving lads a spin. Probably with an eye to his return to the Irish management seat

Chiedozie Ogbene also made his debut for Brentford tonight.

1 Like

John Sheridanā€™s Fleetwood Town also continue their climb out of relegation trouble

ā‚¬50k Limerick sold him for, I hope they have a few add ons.

has he not declared for Nigeria?
what happened to that lad Tunisan fella great player at Longford and Bohs who signed for a team in Tunisia and subsequently got an international callup, he was doing a PHD in trinity i think when he was here, Mohommad something or other,

weā€™ve few Africans in LOI these days Fuad Sale who went from Bohs to Barnet was born in Nigeria as was Akinade i think

I didnā€™t hear that Dozie declared for Nigeria? And surely I would have heard. Heā€™s got a thick Cork accent anyway and by all accounts, he was a fine Gaelic footballer too. A weird player; certainly has great pace & power but the higher up you go, heā€™ll have to become a bit smarter to exploit better defences. If he does that, he could definitely make an impact.

Between himself, Cotter & Paudie Oā€™Connor starting again; Limerick are a great little feeder club for Championship teams. :joy:

As for Ben Mohamed, never really heard about how he got on. Was a handy enough player.

Dozie declares for Nigeria.

New Ross native Ryan Delaney with a massive goal for Rochdale in League One tonight. A point sees them out of the relegation zone on goal difference, but Oldham and Patrick McEleney, Jack Byrne and Eoin Doyle fall into the drop zone. Itā€™s a right battle down there, guys.

The vast majority of those Orish Nigerians will play for the homeland.

Simon Cox got 2 for Southend too.

Why is that?

Why would you think? Iā€™d imagine they feel closer to their hereditary plus Nigeria are a better side than ROI
Stop digging for something that isnā€™t there fella

It was a genuine question, most young Nigerians seem to fit nicely into Irish society, St Clements school close to where I live has a substantial Nigerian community, Iā€™m just surprised

Iā€™m sure they fit in quite well - as did/do the Irish into English, American and Australian communities for example, it doesnā€™t stop them putting the motherland first when playing/supporting the national team

ROI are about 15 places above them in the rankings, itā€™s just Nigeria have an easier qualifying route to the World Cup. They are actually shit enough.