Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Festy listed as a striker is odd given he’s made his name as an attacking wing back. Great to see him called up

1 Like

he hates skillful players

3 Likes

i think these few games will be when the spock house of cards crumbles

In the absence of Doherty, are we going to play Ogbene or Ebosele as a wing-back?

I’d never heard of this Hamilton chap.

1 Like

It’s Festy time

1 Like

He has an underage hurling pedigree to rival your own!

Not sure why you needed to tell us that, its all just Academical really.

TheJournal.ie - ‘CJ is a flying machine, him and Ogbene together would be electrifying for Ireland’ (the42.ie)

State of that midfield. The options are woeful. Great to see Obafemi back but who will supply him i don’t know. Lads talking about Danny Mandriou, barely a starter for Rovers plus Byrne is injured.

I think Knight is an excellent prospect. A pity he got relegated with Derby tbh, it looks like he might stay there for another year and try and get them back up.

Knight & Cullen is probably as decent a midfield duo as we’ve had in a while. It’s not top class, and we’re certainly lacking a midfielder with a bit of guile but if we’re playing wing-backs, we can probably get by with workers and energy in midfield who are technically alright.

Something like:

Bazunu
Coleman Duffy Egan
Ebosele Knight Cullen LWB
Ogbene Parrott Robinson

Neither had I. Plays for Blackpool. Think I recall seeing him pictured at an Ireland match last year as part of the extended squad and wondering who he was. To borrow a phrase from rugby lexicon, he must be a project player.

Jaysus, Knight has to get out of Derby. Far too good for league 1

That was Marcus Harness of Portsmouth. Nathan Collins should be our first choice centre half.

1 Like

I would have Collins ahead of Egan or Duffy alright. You also have Omabamedele and Idah to come back. Manning or Steven’s can play LWB or the lad Hamilton who is left sided also. With Ebosele and Ogenene you get raw pace which is vital.

Plus Obafemi. Most pace i can ever remember in an Irish team.

1 Like

Travers at training :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Atrocious finishing truth be told

The last save was class