Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

That’s a dreadful performance and a dreadful result.

Even at the end when they were sitting back in their box we didn’t put in any meaningful crosses. It was long straight passes in which are simple to defend. No hint of organisation about our attacking play.

The reality is we have lowered the bar considerably for Kenny but then we need to be more competitive in tournaments like the Nations League because they give us a better chance than regular qualifying. But to lose our first game against that quality of team, and without really creating a slew of chances or anything, is very poor.

A deserved defeat. And a team showing no signs of improvement. Slow and boring and predictable.

2 Likes

You can see how big a loss Anthony Barry is now, no cohesion at all any bit of interplay we had going while he was there is completely gone now.

Doherty was a big loss from a creative point of view but still no excuse for how bad that was

There are no easy games in International soccer.

Unless you’re playing Ireland

John O’Shea not offering much here. Sunday Game level stuff.

1 Like

John is on the FAI payroll.

This “player of the match” shite from RTE is disgusting. Whats wrong with man of the match?

What’s wrong with player of the match?

1 Like

Why can’t it be man of the match?

Are we that afraid of hurting someones feelings now who may identify as this or that or whatever.

Fuck that.

3 Likes

Its gas the things that some lads get upset about

11 Likes

Because you dont hear the phrase “player of the season” or “young player of the season”, or “player of the month” etc. The precedent is set on it being man of the season etc and thats how it should be for man of the match too.

The equivalent of Micheal Donoghue or Eamon Fitz on tsg.

1 Like

Mate, there are trans people on this forum, show some decorum

1 Like

Fitzmaurice has a boring voice but I think he does have some interesting insights tbh, having actually managed at a high level.

Fitz is class

It was more the voice i was comparing, all 3 would put you to sleep. Nicky English could cure insomnia

Yes. I would have been a defender of Kenny but there is no getting away from that.

2 Likes

Have you had a look at your handle on here - “the man himself”

You should be ashamed of yourself.

The snide prick needs to change it to person if he has any integrity at all.

The person their self.

2 Likes

The difference Ogbene made when he went out on the right was huge but we play him up front. Madness. How we play 3 centre backs v Armenia is beyond me. Surely we need to change the system v the weaker teams. Our lack of a good midfielder is killing us.