Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Chippy is a proper football man
Disaster of a result

Group was potentially set up nicely, the Scotā€™s on a downer after play off defeat and Ukraine either on a downer or qualified (so couldnā€™t care less)

Ken Earley will be backtracking frantically

Guy here who wanted Chris Hughton in the job. 1 point in first 7 games at Forest. Sacked and Forest get promoted. Chris would be some choice allright.

So what your saying is Steve Cooper would have been a better choice than either of them.

Kennyā€™s major mistake in my opinion is he hasnt been brave enough. Coleman, Duffy, Stevens should all have been phased out by now. For all the tall about bringing young players through the core of the team is still the same as 3 years ago.

1 Like

I thought playing all 3 was a decent move, or bold at least. All 3 up in confidence and really trying to stretch them from the off. Ogbene was super, by far our biggest threat and creator. Iā€™m not a fan of Robinson really, and thought he showed all his limitations yesterday, chiefly greed and a lack of quality. Parrott was very poor. Hendrick was the one tasked with playing them in but all his passes were a little off. When it became obvious that we were struggling to get any quality ball in to them and that the 3-4-3 was more of a 5-2-3 we should have changed. Knight in midfield with the other 2 would have made a difference i think. Hendrick and Cullen worked hard but were over run and Hendrick was bolloxed. He had to come off. No need at all for 3 at the back. It was a waste of a man and they were still vulnerable when Armenia broke through the lines and ran at them. And itā€™s soul destroying to watch us get worse as a game goes on rather than better.
And Will Keane is nowhere near this level.

2 Likes

No kind word for James McClean? The worst footballer I have seen don the Irish jersey in a long time, he should have been out out of his misery a few years ago when he played to some decent standard.

1 Like

Hendrick was flogged with about 30 mins to go. He needed to come off then as he really struggled in that period.
Donā€™t think he covered himself in glory for their goal either.

Hendrick is the sort of cunt who will pull one 8/10 performance out every 10 games

I think McClean is 7 caps off 100 so will be around for a while yet.

Smallbone scores with a beautiful strike to put the 21s one up.

1 Like

What a strike by Smallbone.

Reminiscent of a young Stephen Ireland.

He isā€¦ Noss has looked very good too.

2 nil, play off spot almost secured.

1 Like

3 nil, another impressive performance and 4 wins in a row.

The commentators would bore you to tears.

1 Like

Is Darragh ā€œFabā€ Maloney onduty?

Will Kenny get the boot when we finish bottom of the group?

Has anyone in the media been brave enough to criticise him yet? He gets better press than Kim Jong Un.

1 Like

No, Peter fella, with Lisa Fallon.