Irish Sports Personality of the Year

Not an awe inspiring list, especially the team of the year nominees

Watch live coverage of The RTÉ Sports Awards 2010 in association with The Irish Sports Council on RTÉ One and RTÉ.ie (RoI only) on Wednesday 22 December at 9.35pm.
RTÉ Sport has announced the shortlist of nine finalists for the RTÉ Sports Person of the Year Award and the eight contenders for the RTÉ Team of the Year Award.

The Sports Person of the Year shortlist consists of Katie Taylor, Graeme McDowell, Grainne Murphy, Tony McCoy, Lar Corbett, Paddy Barnes, Tommy Bowe, Derval O’Rourke, and Rory McIlroy,

The Team of the Year nominees include the Irish men’s senior boxing team, winners of an unprecedented five medals at the European Championships; All Ireland football and National League winners, Cork; the Republic of Ireland U-17 women’s soccer team, who finished third in the FIFA World Cup; All-Ireland Ladies’ football champions Dublin; Airtricity Premier League Division winners, Shamrock Rovers; All Ireland hurling champions, Tipperary; the Irish men’s U-23 cross country team, who won gold at the recent European Championships and All Ireland camogie champions, Wexford.

The winners will be selected by RTÉ sports journalists, editorial staff and broadcasters and will be announced live on the night.

The awards ceremony will also see the honour of the RTÉ/Irish Sports Council’s Hall of Fame Award presented to a very deserving Irish sporting legend

Men’s boxing and Katie Taylor.

Gmac is a shoe in for me.

Graeme McDowell and Cork

:clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnUpUpwHkxw

Strange that the boxers are included this year when they weren’t in 2008 when they should have won it.

Tipp and Bernard Brogan for me.

You can see the ape is reading the script. I presume the man can read anyway. :rolleyes:

GMac isn’t Irish, shouldn’t be on the list.

tommy bowe??

Monaghan you dope? :lol:

was thinking fermanagh B)

Can someone translate this gibberish coming out of this fellas mouth whoever he is i can’t understand a word he says…

how so? i dont see ROI sports personality i just see irish sports personality.
will you be saying stephan ferris isent irish if he becomes one of the stars of the world cup next year and in turn gets a nomination for irish sports personaility of the year??

They are both British. I won’t be saying anything cos i don’t give that much of a fuck, but they are not Irish.

Kev rapidly falling in the betting for IOTY right here. Unless this is some sort of elaborate wind up, which knowing Kev, it isn’t.

Is there any nomination for young Willie O’Connor?

Eh, please refer to my ‘not a sport’ thread. Only one of those nominated is an actual sportsperson. Well done Lar Corbett - thoroughly deserved.

Who is Lar Corbett?

Irish Sports Personality of the Year.

why are you saying something so, especially considering you dont give that much of a fuck?

Nearly all nordies on that list. Larryduff will be delighted.