Is JBM going to go from cork

Mul is always being mentioned for these jobs. Doubt he wants it, doubt he would get it if he did, has done little to nothing as a manager.

Any link between this and @mickee321 returning to Cork?

not BS Turenne, was a discussion I had with a GAA hack

GAA hacks tend to be spoofers/guessing- they can get it right on occasion as there is a limited pool to draw from for any manager role

Ger Cunningham linked in papers to the Dublin job - will be surprised if he takes it because as far as I know he works and lives in Cork

it would mean a 6 hour round trip 3 or 4 times a week

same hack said Ger Cunningham will never again work with current cork co board executive?

yeea thats wahat i think. Has he being manager of clubs??

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1027588, member: 2272”]GAA hacks tend to be spoofers/guessing- they can get it right on occasion as there is a limited pool to draw from for any manager role

Ger Cunningham linked in papers to the Dublin job - will be surprised if he takes it because as far as I know he works and lives in Cork

it would mean a 6 hour round trip 3 or 4 times a week[/QUOTE]
Ger Cunningham was always going to get that. But why not him for cork

all will be revealed Joe

good coach but not sure he will be a good manager

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1027622, member: 2272”]all will be revealed Joe

good coach but not sure he will be a good manager[/QUOTE]
Hurling thank god for it

2 more years for JBM, @Joe Player

I think this will end badly for JBM

He has worked minor miracles with the players he had to reach 2 munster finals and win one and come within 30 seconds of winning an all Ireland.

Only so far the JBM factor can bring a solid but relatively limited squad though and the defeat\performance v Tipp was evidence of that.

For his own reputation he should have left. For Cork hurling prob a good result as they could have run into all sorts of bother picking a successor

I hope it works out as JBM is a legend but I think this task is even beyond JBM

I said I was not sure

My first word s were

@Joe Player vindicated yet again. Do you ever get tired of being right?

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1028544, member: 1379”]I think this will end badly for JBM

He has worked minor miracles with the players he had to reach 2 munster finals and win one and come within 30 seconds of winning an all Ireland.

Only so far the JBM factor can bring a solid but relatively limited squad though and the defeat\performance v Tipp was evidence of that.

For his own reputation he should have left. For Cork hurling prob a good result as they could have run into all sorts of bother picking a successor

I hope it works out as JBM is a legend but I think this task is even beyond JBM[/QUOTE]
He wants the. Big one he must know he has a team to do it

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1028544, member: 1379”]I think this will end badly for JBM

For his own reputation he should have left.
For Cork hurling prob a good result as they could have run into all sorts of bother picking a successor

I hope it works out as JBM is a legend but I think this task is even beyond JBM[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:
2013, within seconds of winning an AI Final.
2014, Munster SH Champions.

After the Semi Final loss to Tipperary in that fashion, he was never going to walk away and why should he? EOS has also come within seconds of winning an AI Final, but his teams haven’t come close to contesting Munster Finals.

JBM’s credentials are second only to Cody.

Absolute bollix. This is not a limited team.

JBM needs to expand his thinking though, he has ignored a couple of changes in the game recently and has to sort that out.

Otherwise, who will do a better job?

2013, within seconds of winning an AI Final.
2014, Munster SH Champions.

After the Semi Final loss to Tipperary in that fashion, he was never going to walk away and why should he? EOS has also come within seconds of winning an AI Final, but his teams haven’t come close to contesting Munster Finals.

JBM’s credentials are second only to Cody.[/QUOTE]
There are a couple of very good players coming thru for Cork and I suspect Walsh will choose hurling now.

There is an AI in this Cork side, when leading player likeHorgan and Harnedy have terrible days like in the semi these kinds if things happen.

Lehane is also 2-3 years away from his best, and in reaching that he’ll still have an all star year or two.
Cork are short backs, and they are easier (not easy) to find than class forwards. A slight adjustment in their fitness thinking wouldn’t go astray either. All the long speed endurance training is a waste of time.

Don’t think this will end badly for JBM. However I can’t see him fulfilling his aim i.e. of winning an AI. Where are we going to improve? Walsh and Cahalane are certs for hurling only now, but I’d guess the two Cadogans will try to continue the dual role unless they are given an ultimatum.

Looking at the final four of the senior championship, what is there? William Kearney no doubt, but he has been on and off multiple Cork senior panels. Brian Moylan maybe. Mark O’Connor maybe a couple of years down the line. Thats about it.

Cork U-21s? Rob O’Shea should get a big run in the league, but his similarities to Kearney will hold him back as Kearney will never lose his spot. No one else bar Collins in goals.

Not a whole lot for JBM to work with, unless he does something radical to his backroom team and that turns things around.

Finally, it can’t be forgotten that tactically we were a mess against Tipp.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1028641, member: 273”]There are a couple of very good players coming thru for Cork and I suspect Walsh will choose hurling now.

There is an AI in this Cork side, when leading player likeHorgan and Harnedy have terrible days like in the semi these kinds if things happen.

Lehane is also 2-3 years away from his best, and in reaching that he’ll still have an all star year or two.
Cork are short backs, and they are easier (not easy) to find than class forwards. A slight adjustment in their fitness thinking wouldn’t go astray either. All the long speed endurance training is a waste of time.[/QUOTE]
There was nothing wrong with their fitness Kev. It wasn’t fitness that cost them the past two years.