Is rugby dead in Australia

[quote=“mickee321, post: 714192”]

Not quite.

Why are they called lions ?, and why is going to play a few friendly, non competiive rugby games considered to be “going on a tour”?..is it just gang of lads going on a pubcrawl or something to oz?..

.[/quote]
Dont forget the soggy biscuits.

Called Lions based on some lost tradition I suppose. Much the way Kilkenny are the cats or United are the red devils. It’s a name and it stuck.

It’s called going on tour, again in reference to times of old, when these things took about 3 months.

And calling the games friendly and non-competitive is harsh. They’re full test matches.

Thrawneen, never played firsts - never took it seriously enough.

I made the Junior Ds with Miss Maguire. A wretched excuse for a sport. It ruined my soccer career.
I spent the next 5 years discussing Celtic and the Smiths with O’Shea, the tennis coach.

Big Bird was the problem there, not the sport!

Get fucked with yourself lumping us in with that eggball shite.
The tale of the fighting cats of Kilkenny is a few centuries old pal.

Rugby shmugby. Rugby is shite, an absolute bollocks of a game and league is even worse.

Swans V Collingwood tonight, it’ll be epic. Cheer cheer the red and the white…

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 714199”]Rugby shmugby. Rugby is shite, an absolute bollocks of a game and league is even worse.

Swans V Collingwood tonight, it’ll be epic. Cheer cheer the red and the white…[/quote]

Aussie Rules is an even more retarded game than rugby football.

+1

GAYFL is shit

+1

GAYFL is shit

The Lions name comes from the three lions on the Royal Arms of England.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/Royal_Arms_of_England_(1198-1340).svg/150px-Royal_Arms_of_England_(1198-1340).svg.png

The players who go on this tour are representing England really.

+1

ROGBEE is officially dead in Galway.

I was at a first birthday party for one of my nieces today, all the kids wanted to do was play hurling. The same collection of kids at a party this time last year and all they wanted was ROGBEE.

And the Connaught crew be wondering why the crowds are so low at games. NOONE GIVES A FUCK THATS WHY.

[quote name=‘Kinvara’s Passion’ timestamp=‘1348341890’ post=‘676555’]ROGBEE is officially dead in Galway.

I was at a first birthday party for one of my nieces today, all the kids wanted to do was play hurling. The same collection of kids at a party this time last year and all they wanted was ROGBEE.

And the Connaught crew be wondering why the crowds are so low at games. NOONE GIVES A FUCK THATS WHY.[/quote]
KP I was in someone’s company last night singing the praises of your location. Is it worthy of a sneaky weekend away?

Well its a great base to explore the Burren from. A few nice places to eat, a few decent pubs and a range of new enough budget accomodation.

There is plenty of other stuff to explore. SS** had an eventfull day trip to South Galway recently.

I’d go within the next few weeks though, its gets a bit tumbleweedy over winter.

Apropos of @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy there is a Super Rugby Quarter Final on Sky now between the NSW Waratahs and some crowd from NZ. There are literally 2 men and a dog watching this knockout game in a prestigious competition in the Allianz Stadium in Sydney.

1 Like

Literally in the Jamie Redknapp sense of the word

They should scrap it

1 Like

Some comeback from the Tahs…3 tries in 10 mins to turn a 23 6 deficit to a 4 pt lead

Watching any of the sevens Dan? I see the Irish women got hammered by the Kiwis last night.

Yeah saw a fair bit of it. Womens was on v late tho. They had beaten England earlier on was a huge shock