Is Wayne Rooney Finished Again?

Cole regularly had Ronaldo in his back pocket. If that’s who Wayne is being compared to then Ashley comfortably wins out. Cole was a serious player.

1 Like

Always performed in major tournaments for england

The type of player that would have flourished on the continent in any league. It’s rear you’d say that about an English player.

The defenders of the England “golden generation” generally did the business at major tournaments. Were let down by poor goalkeeping, a dysfunctional midfield and conservative management.

Another product of the famed academy

There’s a good argument to be made for Cole alright but I think the fact Rooney finished up as united and England’s highest scorer of all time despite not being an out and out striker and such a hard worker for the team, not to mention all he won at home and abroad and his tour de Lombardy at euro 2004 makes his case almost impossible to deny. He’s hugely underrated really.

3 Likes

And a deputising Zanetti

The same issues that hold back today’s team?

Pretty much. Southgate’s team have lower expectations and better team spirit so have got better results.

He doesn’t actually do much in this video, bar the two headers. There’s as many fouls as goals.

1 Like

Wazza on MNF tonight.

Hes put on a bit if timber .

He’s backing Poch for the Man Utd job. I’d tend to agree with him.

He was saying man united should build around younger players like lingard whos 30.

I’m amazed he’s doing an ok job at derby.

2 Likes

He put that on in his last 2 years for United

1 Like
1 Like

I’ll back this horse and also acknowledge what a footballer Rooney was.

1 Like

I thought the post was lost and was cursing myself.

1 Like

Seems he’s gone back to DC united ? Seems an odd move. He surely would have landed another championship gig ?

Big pile of money, no pressure. What’s not to like tbf