"It could have been me" - Claim a spurious link to high profile tragic incidents or disasters

So basically the 3 brothers all had misgivings about TDB but didn’t warn @Ebeneezer Goode[/USER] or [USER=80]@The Selfish Giant ?

Exceptionally poor form

[QUOTE=“croppy, post: 1126077, member: 230”]I think I know what you mean, it’s like he insists upon himself.
I have always felt that his ‘personality’ and ‘interests’ are carefully chosen strategic directions that he believes will ingratiate himself with the maximum number of people.[/QUOTE]
You really should know what i mean considering you instructed me word for word on what to write. You’re threatening demeanour left me no option but to follow your orders.

You guys have way too much time on your hands.

http://www.thejournal.ie/security-2063049-Apr2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

Man arrested on suspicion of planning terror attacks on churches in Paris.

I was in Paris from Friday-Sunday and was in Notre Dame church on Saturday.

Cork man escapes Nepal disaster by pure chance

A CLONAKILTY man who is the head of a Kathmandu educational charity has appealed for relief support following the devastating earthquake that hit that the Nepalese capital over the weekend and claimed more than 3,000 lives.

Declan Murphy, founder of ‘just-one’, a charity which works to promote educational opportunities for disadvantaged children, was devastated to learn of the disaster which occurred while he is briefly home in Cork for family reasons.

The former teacher who set up the charity in 2004 said: “I got a text from a friend saying have you seen the news? It was just a line but it made me get up and go down and turn on the laptop and check.”

He said that it was “pure chance and fortune” that he was home in Cork this month but he would prefer to be with his colleagues in the devastated region where 100 Irish people, many still unaccounted for, are stuck. He said what the people of Nepal needed now was financial support for the aid organisations who are acting to help protect those affected by the disaster.

“The best thing people here can do is donate and not necessarily just to just-one.
“We’ll work with the kids and the families and I know for a fact that the staff will help whoever they come across in whatever way they can but our resources are limited.
“This is going to continue on long after it’s gone out of the public eye.”

Another Nepal story in the Irish Independent this morning:

“Change of trek plans saved lucky Irish couple from Nepal avalanche”

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1129993, member: 2272”]Cork man escapes Nepal disaster by pure chance

A CLONAKILTY man who is the head of a Kathmandu educational charity has appealed for relief support following the devastating earthquake that hit that the Nepalese capital over the weekend and claimed more than 3,000 lives.

Declan Murphy, founder of ‘just-one’, a charity which works to promote educational opportunities for disadvantaged children, was devastated to learn of the disaster which occurred while he is briefly home in Cork for family reasons.

The former teacher who set up the charity in 2004 said: “I got a text from a friend saying have you seen the news? It was just a line but it made me get up and go down and turn on the laptop and check.”

He said that it was “pure chance and fortune” that he was home in Cork this month but he would prefer to be with his colleagues in the devastated region where 100 Irish people, many still unaccounted for, are stuck. He said what the people of Nepal needed now was financial support for the aid organisations who are acting to help protect those affected by the disaster.

“The best thing people here can do is donate and not necessarily just to just-one.
“We’ll work with the kids and the families and I know for a fact that the staff will help whoever they come across in whatever way they can but our resources are limited.
“This is going to continue on long after it’s gone out of the public eye.”[/QUOTE]
He would prefer to be in the devastated region? Would he fuck. He’s straight back looking for any half decent teaching job. And who checks the news on their laptop? He sounds like a right cunt. And no coincidence he’s from Cork either.
But anyway, he was very lucky.

I am due to make the same train journey in a few weeks as the train that crashed last night.

Met a guy recently who was booked on both the Malaysian planes that crashed but changed flights.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1139448, member: 2272”]I am due to make the same train journey in a few weeks as the train that crashed last night.

Met a guy recently who was booked on both the Malaysian planes that crashed but changed flights.[/QUOTE]
Can you point that guy in the direction of this thread? We’d really like to hear from him.

Will do pal. He claimed to be anyway but I have my doubts as he told me in context of my describing some rocky flights I had and my dislike of flying. Classic one upmanship in an interlude during a Business meeting.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1139448, member: 2272”]
Met a guy recently who was booked on both the Malaysian planes that crashed but changed flights.[/QUOTE]

He was in his fuck

Of course he wasn’t. He was attempting to gain the upper hand in a business meeting interlude. And he clearly succeeded.

“You were in your fuck” would have soured the remainder of the Business meeting.

You have the upper hand in any future business arrangements knowing he’s a fucking idiot. Massage these tall tales and then strike.

I was going to say he was a lying bastard but that goes without saying entering any business dealing.

I was briefly looking into flying into New York and getting the train down to Charlotte on my recent trip to the USA*. It could have been me on that Amtrak train**

*Before I realized it was too far, way too slow and too expensive
**If I had traveled circa a month and a half later and was going towards New York rather than away

I dunno. “You were in your fuck” followed by a table flip would have shown him who’s boss.

1 Like
2 Likes

If the friend was nearby looking to meet did that mean the friend got blasted out of it?

Lads little did ye know, it could have been anyone of us.

2 Likes