"It could have been me" - Claim a spurious link to high profile tragic incidents or disasters

The comments :smiley:

How do we get that M N character posting over here?

http://www.independent.ie/life/family/family-features/irish-mum-on-the-j1-ill-never-forget-the-feeling-in-the-pit-of-my-stomach-when-i-heard-that-a-balcony-had-collapsed-31480625.html

1 Like

An elephant attack in Zimbabwe a mere 2 weeks after I was on safari in South Africa. It could have been me.

5 Likes

I flew from Las Vegas to London Gatwick 10 weeks ago. It could have been me.

1 Like

So you could have received minor injuries?

Yes.

In this high profile disaster.

Fair play to the lads who took the time to retrieve their bags from the overhead compartment.

Most aircraft incidents are survivable (most are not catastrophic crashes) with trick being to be aware of location of nearest exit row and physically count it.

I wonder if the injured were lads punched in the head by fellow passengers who were concerned at bag retrieval delaying their exit from a plane that was on fire.

1 Like

when i was a young lad i hit a sliothar over a ditch near a neighbour’s slurry pit, i didnt go to get it
a few years ago Gusty Spence did the same with a rugby ball but slipped and fell in…
similar scenarios, it could so easily have been me

4 Likes

I was cutting timber on Sunday. It could have been me. I’m going to have to reevaluate everything.

Not sure this is valid as the individual in question was actually in the bus the subject of the incident. If she “normally took that bus but didn’t that day” it would qualify but her link is not spurious.

4 Likes

Only two months after I was on holiday in Plettenberg Bay. I stayed in The Robberg Hotel overlooking the beach and went running on it every morning.

Is your mother a strong swimmer ?

3 Likes

[quote=“Sidney, post:1, topic:20363”]
Wellington Quay bus crash
[/quote]Apples? they were savage pills

1 Like

TFK self proclaimed drunk drivers
@caoimhaoin
@Mac
@myboyblue
@maroonandwhite
@farmerinthecity*

*trivialises drunk driving, sort of stuff he’d tell his kids in the form of a bedtime story about the japes his ould fella got up too

this could and will be you if you dont cop on
Please read

1 Like

You never drunk and drove?

Not a good idea.

1 Like

I was flying in an airplane at the same time as the Russian plane recently went down. Grace of God

1 Like