"It could have been me" - Claim a spurious link to high profile tragic incidents or disasters

Jaysus the locals must have a good laugh at that, tourists paying to be patted by elephants. Up there with gobshites kissing a stone in Cork.

A meaner person might make elephant related quips about your wife, mate, but not me.

1 Like

I was at a wedding in the Regency hotel some years ago.

1 Like

I stayed in the Regency ON A FRIDAY a few years ago. It could have been me.

Is the regency not just used as a homeless shelter.

1 Like

I was at a professional boxing weigh-in half a mile up the road in DCU once.

It could have been me.

+1
@Juhniallio was a potential Darwin Award winner.

2 Likes

It is.

Re tonight’s "Gangland " *shooting

Local independent TD Maureen O’Sullivan said the incident took place minutes after her canvassers left the areas.
She said Garda squad cars arrived in very large numbers and the area was sealed off.
“Whatever people are into this is an appalling waste of life, in the middle of a really well built-up area with lots of residents. It is dreadful stuff,” she said.

I have had canvassers call to my door previously but not this year

*there is no actual place called Gangland

I’ve eaten in the two burrito bars issued with closure orders today.

1 Like

I’ve eaten in Little Ass a fair few times. A very worrying development.

What is it with you and shitty eating establishments, pal? You’re better than that.

Where was the other place?

I was in both the Brussels airport & the metro station* that were bombed more or less this time last year.

*Unconfirmed

Two Irish students were injured and 13 other students were killed when a bus travelling from Valencia to Barcelona crashed at 6am on March 20th, 2016. They had been returning from the Fallas festival.

I was part of a group of Irish students who were not killed or injured when we took a train from Valencia to Barcelona at 5am on March, 20th, 2004. We had been returning from the Fallas festival.

It could have been me.

#prayforeoin

Irishman Eoin Walsh, who has also been speaking with RTE’s Sean O’Rourke this morning, said he left the Maalbeek Metro station just minutes before this morning’s explosion.
He had just dropped his daughter at the creche before getting on the Metro system, and said he felt a “sense of unease” about getting on public transport.
Eoin said after he got back to the office “somebody came in and said there’d been another explosion at Maalbeek train station, which is about 500 metres from our office”.
His office building and the entire street are now on lockdown, and security and military are out on the streets, he added.
Authorities and employers have been telling people to “stay indoors,” he said.
“There’s no way of getting home either.”

1 Like

His spidey senses were tingling

1 Like

To be fair to the lad. Seeing as the airport had been bombed an hour before he probably had a point.

3 Likes

I’ve been through Brussels Airport on numerous occasions (at least 40 times) over the past 2 years. It’s quite simply a miracle that I didn’t get caught up in this mornings atrocities

1 Like

thanks be to Allah for that.