Italians embrace the GAA

Chelsea

Manchester United

Not for long pal

Aston villa?

Are they not the longest serving side in the top division? That doesn’t mean they were never out of it but you’d have to go back to 1924 or something… The question will have to be clarified- @Thrawneen surely meant after they had won it?

I’d assume thats what thraw meant alright, i’m also assuming that because Villa are so shite, they have surely spent time out of the big league since.

They’ve never been relegated I think. It was a question on the Guardian’s knowledge page last week. (Longest time in the top division).

I wouldn’t mind if the team had spent time out of the top league before they won the Cup. There’s not that many winners.

If you were a real nerd you could do the same question about the Fairs-UEFA cup. There’s some rightly obscure teams who’ve won that.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 843505, member: 129”]They’ve never been relegated I think. It was a question on the Guardian’s knowledge page last week. (Longest time in the top division).

I wouldn’t mind if the team had spent time out of the top league before they won the Cup. There’s not that many winners.

If you were a real nerd you could do the same question about the Fairs-UEFA cup. There’s some rightly obscure teams who’ve won that.[/quote]

If only there was someone on tfk with absolutely no life, friends, personality or humour who could undertake such a task…(strokes chin)

Marseille

weren’t they relegated for match fixing?

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 843505, member: 129”]They’ve never been relegated I think. It was a question on the Guardian’s knowledge page last week. (Longest time in the top division).
.[/quote]

I’ve got that wrong actually. It was actually Everton who’ve never been relegated since 1954. But they never got the chance to win the European Cup as a large group of Liverpool fans decided to go and kill a bunch of Italians back in the 80s. (Arsenal haven’t been relegated since 1919.)

Quite a pleasing symmetry to this thread, that.

What teams played in the exhibition? Did they have proper goal posts?

Pretty much every Italian team has been relegated for match fixing at some point. Bit of a joke league in fairness.

So will Milan take part in the Connacht championship along with New York and London?

Aer Lingus organised it as part of a tourism push in Italy. It was our own club, a middling senior team in Dublin vs the Aer Lingus works team. Although a number of the individuals involved were competent inter county hurlers, no legends were involved.