It's grim up North

Arlene Foster said this today without a hint of irony:

“What we can’t see is one section of the community having cultural supremacy over others.”

4 Likes

These :tangerine: order lads are bat shit

https://youtu.be/FiXot3WFrs0

This is one of a number of docs I watched this weekend in honour of our patriot dead… I was only 8 but I remember picking up a paper in the house after the soldiers were killed and I remember the horrific detail it went into in describing how the British soldiers died… I wanted to join the IRA from that moment.

4 Likes

Is that the boys who drove into the funeral? Mental stuff with it all being caught on camera

1 Like

Yeah… Covers the 14 days leading up to it starting with Gibraltar killings, onto Michael Stone and then those soldiers… Told largely through father Alex Reid who, while all this was going on, was getting the ball rolling on the peace process.

Just watched the Eamonn Collins doc from ITV recorded in the late 90s/early 00s … YouTube is great for all the old BBC /ITV programmes done in the midst of or just after the troubles.

Great cross section of rallies and demonstrations yesterday in the north. The PSNI must have been awful confused between the facists, commies, repubs and unionists all on a day out at the same time.

A great bit of publicity to reach out to the unionist community to entice them to play our national games - they’ll be forming a club on the Shankhill as I type.

1 Like

Wait till they hold a pride parade up there. It’ll be bedlam

Last few times I was in Croke Park with Ulster teams playing there was a certain edge to crowds in the stand honed on years of throwing pint glasses at RUC land rovers.

We need to reach out to our northern brethren on all sides of the community and welcome them into the fold.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/QLvwGfWH-kU

Decent doc on the 1972 operation to break down and take back the no go areas in Derry and Belfast… Better known as Operation Motorman. The scale of it was unrale.

cc @TreatyStones

1 Like

I see British nordies are going to be tagged to trace their movements in and out of the republic.

Well I can’t see that going wrong in any way shape or form. Will it be a chip implanted in their shoulder or the like?

3 Likes

Already there many would argue .

It’ll be some craic watching the trackers on the weekend of the rally in Letterkenny.

2 Likes

Be easier just to brand them with a swastika symbol with a hot iron on their forehead.

I set em up, you knock em down mate.

2 Likes

A good hard border will reinvigorate the south Armagh & north Louth area .

2 Likes