It's grim up North

I thought that was very odd alright, some simpleton with a second hand account from her mother. That did let the doco down

Tassotti is the smartest poster on here albeit the bar is low.

That Funeral Murders is a class documentary. Well worth the watch. Incredible to have so much of it caught on camera.

I read this and thought of @Tassotti

Stone was a rare boy. Google his attack on stormont… Cod of a carry on

https://youtu.be/ancHfGdFnug

1 Like

It isn’t tbh .

The one thing Orange men fear above all else, is betrayal by London…

1 Like

London, the tories in particular regard their Northern unionist friends with utter contempt. They brought it on themselves. They’re tolerated for their occasional usefulness and can be bought one day and sold the next.
The tories don’t like Northern nationalists, but at least they have some respect for them.
The final sell-out is round the corner, unionism could have cut themselves a good deal, shown manners to their Catholic neighbours and secured their union for some time to come. But for too many bigotry comes first.
Joe summed it up perfectly.

1 Like

When your whole ethos for 300 years has been about supremacy over your neighbours, it’s very hard to just switch that off…

Middle class protestants have moved away from the extremes of Loyalism and will follow their pockets … at the end of the day, they would make up over 20% of the Irish electorate instead of the 1% they currently make up of the UK.

Come on over lads … as the Irish Cricket team has shown us recently, we can compete as 1 nation.

2 Likes

Believing in a monarchy messes with you self worth and your view of others. You can only buy into the notion of having ‘betters’ if that belief is offset by the belief that you are someone else’s ‘better’.

5 Likes

Most sensible people like the Queen as an individual, like looking at pictures of megan markle in hello magazine, and otherwise couldn’t really give a hoot, bring too busy trying to pay the bills on a zero hours contract. I

1 Like

I don’t get it? Delivering Brexit copperfastens the Union I would have thought they were the same thing?
The behavior over the Irish language act shows all you need to know about northern bigots.

1 Like

Most Englanders would be happy to cut NI loose — nothing earth shattering in that ---- But it makes grim reading from a Unionist point of view… they fear a London sell-out more than anything else.

Isn’t it great?!

It’s UNREAL!

Theresa May is in the Ra!

1 Like

He moves in mysterious ways.

Amen.

Brilliant. It’s absolutely galling for them. Imagine if your whole identity as a group of people was to align yourself with another country who has absolutely no interest in you.

1 Like

Recent poll up north showed 55% would be happy with unification if it meant staying in EU…