It's grim up North

More here:

The beauty of it plain:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.newsletter.co.uk/news/william-mccrea-backs-dup-decision-not-to-take-stance-on-homosexuality-1-6728083/amp

Is it legal for Republic newspapers to ignore these super injunctions? If so why don’t they?

Do not know the answer there, I’m afraid.

Are there not multiple brethren(s)? We have a meeting hall on our street here for the Exclusive Brethren which is an offshoot of the Plymouth sect. Very powerful in Australian politics. Weirdos.

Christ it nearly ( I stress nearly) makes Sammy Wilson likeable

According to a local sdlp mla Sammy is very popular round stormont…amongst taigs and prods. Can’t see it myself

Interesting. He’s come across as one thick arsehole since the Brexit vote

I’ll go with your assessment. My father went to the same sdlp mla with a planning problem. Nothing.

Unionism is a perfectly valid viewpoint.

1 Like

he gets shit done, a fantastic public representative

A great man to go for a pint with.

1 Like

They’re a crowd of tramps, bigots and thieves who have had their noses in the trough for decades.

In fairness, that’s only because they got there first. It’s no different the other side of the border.

1 Like

So was apartheid South Africa.

2 Likes

that would be Peter … allegedly

he allegedly discovered his wife’s affair with a teenage wannabe restaurant owner ( funds supplied by Peter’s contacts) and a hospital visit ensued …ALLEGEDLY

she was 60 ish at this time … ALLEGEDLY

I don’t think it’s as widespread or as shameless in the south. The ulster unionists and the dup were always in an unassailable position. The belief, that catholics are inferior gives them a sense of righteousness, as does the idea that they are “saved”, God’s chosen people etc.

any example(s) of this “shit” he gets done?

1 Like

I think what we need to do is make a series of outrageous (though most likely correct) allegations and slurs against Unionist politicians and then have @Rocko defend the allegations in a court of law. It would be tremendous fun.

Lord Mountbatten was another one who was involved in Kincora; MI5/6 were aware of this but rather than embarrass the Royal Family they gave the IRA the nod to top him.

1 Like