James McClean Appreciation Thread

Why don’t you just say 4 then.

James McClean sprinted towards me for a 50/50 ball in the second half in the corner where I was the other night. The look on his face, the focus, the concentration, the total effort bursting out of every sinew as he went flat out for that ball, the will to win it, the refusal to be beaten, the willingness to sacrifice himself, it was reminiscent of Carl Lewis at his best mixed with the heroism of Bobby Sands. I’m so proud that he represents part of our country.

4 Likes

A patriot

1 Like

This MacLean chap mostly runs around like a heedless chicken in fairness. The highlight of the Belgian match was yer man heading away up the field on the way to creating the second goal while the ira man was still down at the corner flag swinging at fresh air wondering where the ball had gone. :grin:

The Eire players haven’t been putting in the huge efforts most teams have been doing tho so a lad bursting his hole does 're d to stand out.
The Eire players are at the bottom of the pile for metres covered whickt considering the style of kick and rush bollock and bite put em under pressure game they play is quite a surprise.

Is he on drugs like Carl Lewis? I hope not.

Sounds like smart play to me

Link to that meters covered info?

Eire have the oldest squad in the tournament. Probably don’t have it in the legs.

RTE played a clip of that incident a few minutes ago, which was the first time I’d seen it since I saw it live in front of me. With the intensity of the occasion it hadn’t stuck with me that it was far from a 50/50 ball, it was actually an 80/20 ball against McClean’s favour, a ball he had no right to win. Yet not only did he get to the ball first, he won a free kick.

God save James McClean.

1 Like

:joy:

McClean will be on off the ball tonight.

James had a very good game for West Brom today. :clap::clap:

Oh James McClean so hard to beat
Every time the ball’s at his feet
Won’t wear the poppy, gets misunderstood
But on the pitch he plays so good

You better hold on, better hold on tight
'Cause James McClean’s gonna score tonight

He’s gonna beat them, beat them on his own
He can’t be stopped when he’s in the zone
He wants the World Cup, oh he wants it bad
And he’s the best we’ve ever had

You better hold on, better hold on tight
'Cause James McClean’s gonna score tonight

I imagine James McClean would most likely despise you. Nice ditty though.

You have a very dull imagination, mate.

1 Like

James McLean :clap:

McClean getting stuck into the likes of that Harry Arter chap here.

James McCarthy would have a bit of form in this too would he?

I know that useless cunt Darron Gibson had previous in this too.

Martin O’Neill and James McClean will not be banned for Ireland’s crunch World Cup qualifier against Georgia on September 2.
The Irish pair were reprimanded by FIFA for post-game comments following Ireland’s 1-1 draw against Austria on June 11.
An FAI statement read: "The Football Association of Ireland has accepted FIFA’s decision to issue a reprimand to both Martin O’Neill and James McClean following disciplinary proceedings.

"FIFA launched their inquiry following comments made by Republic of Ireland manager Martin O’Neill and midfielder James McClean in the aftermath of the 1-1 draw with Austria in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier on June 11.
“The ruling by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee came following a breach of Article 57 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code and Article 4 of the Regulations of the 2018 FIFA World Cup for ‘unsporting behaviour’.”

More to follow…

James has returned to twitter. :clap:

10 Likes