Japanese culture thread

1 Like

Nope

What are we looking at there? A fire?

Lock the thread and mark it nws :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Jesus wept, there’s this too :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
The commentary all the way through it is brilliant and the smack talk at the start is fuckin hilarious

As good a thread as any to post this in

Do you really think I want to subscribe to The Wall Street Journal?

2 Likes

He’s just done a press conference there from Beirut. A corporate spat between Nissan and Renault that got heated and ultimately political according to Ghosn. His crime was under declaring his own bonus or something. The Japs no doubt would have a different view. No mention of his great escape

So this is who @Piles_Hussain is following in twitter.
Stay klassy.

He won’t be Ghosn anywhere

I stole this from elsewhere but

Nissan Cash Guy

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-01-14/how-nissan-s-carlos-ghosn-was-smuggled-out-of-japan

Are you familiar with the story of Masabumi Hosono?

Doesn’t go into enough detail as to why he was so shamed. Not sure if you’re a baseball fan but this is a good insight

Their culture of honour… He should have given up his seat for a woman/child and gone down with the ship… Did you listen to the history on fire podcast @Ambrose_McNulty put up? The episodes on the Ronin 47 go into honour in early Japanese culture and the samurai.

No, I’ll put it in the list. But did he jump the queue climbing over women and children or was a place opened up just in front of him?

Irrelevant to the Japs… I think it opened up for him and he went for it but that was a cowardly act to japanense.

Interesting culture. Had a chance to go there for a year once but passed it up, often wonder about it

I think it’s all gone now… WW2 ended most of it.