Joe Duffy's Liveline

Tell us more. Whats he expecting as payment!?

Has anyone been listening to Liveline this week? I’m gutted to be missing out as there’s surely all sorts of nutters polluting the airwaves given we’ve had a man shot dead by a child who should have been inside watching cartoons or something and, worse still, there’s an agricultural industry crisis and we can’t eat ham. Joe’s listeners rarely disappoint when there’s raw material like this to work with - it’s just a shame I only get to hear it when I’m in the car on the way to a meeting. So, anybody got anything to report?

Heard a snippet of it on Morning Ireland this morning. Some lad rang in to say that Tesco wouldn’t take back the rashers he bought. Tesco called to say there’d been a misunderstanding and if he goes back with them then he’ll get a refund. Well played Tesco. Crisis resolved. Fuck those who lost their jobs, your man got his 2 euro back.

I regularly laugh at the innate inability of a whole raft of Irish people to ‘look at the bigger picture’ (thanks to work jargon thread for that one) but you know what I mean. As you alluded to, there’s a plethora of jobs at risk and some clown’s crying over whether he’ll get a refund for his €2 rashers. Same with these clowns who vote for people in elections based on who’s most likely to fill in the pothole at the end of the road rather than considering things like health and education policy.

I can just imagine…

Nutjob: Joe, Joe, I paid €2.99 for 6 Dennys Tender cure, and with 33% extra free thats 8 rashers Joe.
Joe: And your ragin Nutjob
Nutjob: I am Joe, I had 2 rashers for my supper Saturday, with a nice batch loaf, and now it turins out they are riddled with the dioxins Joe.
Joe: So what did you do?
Nujob: Well I rang the helpline Joe and they said I should be ok, but not to eat anymore rashers
Joe: Good, good
Nutjob: so I brought d’other 6 rashers back to Tesco to get my €2.99 back…
Joe: And, and
Nutjob: They refused a refund Joe
Joe: Why, why
Nutjob: Said they were opened Joe…
Joe: but what about the dangerous Dioxins:
Nutjob: I know Joe, and on only ate the 2 free ones, sure I am entitled to my money back.
Joe: we will try and get a representitive from Tesco Ireland on the line, we wont stand for this…

[quote=“HangBlaa”]I can just imagine…

Nutjob: Joe, Joe, I paid 2.99 for 6 Dennys Tender cure, and with 33% extra free thats 8 rashers Joe.
Joe: And your ragin Nutjob
Nutjob: I am Joe, I had 2 rashers for my supper Saturday, with a nice batch loaf, and now it turins out they are riddled with the dioxins Joe.
Joe: So what did you do?
Nujob: Well I rang the helpline Joe and they said I should be ok, but not to eat anymore rashers
Joe: Good, good
Nutjob: so I brought d’other 6 rashers back to Tesco to get my 2.99 back…
Joe: And, and
Nutjob: They refused a refund Joe
Joe: Why, why
Nutjob: Said they were opened Joe…
Joe: but what about the dangerous Dioxins:
Nutjob: I know Joe, and on only ate the 2 free ones, sure I am entitled to my money back.
Joe: we will try and get a representitive from Tesco Ireland on the line, we wont stand for this…[/quote]

That’s pretty much how it was. I listen to Joe every day while having my lunch, being a student and all. They talked solely of pork yesterday which was pretty boring. Hopefully today it’ll be tinkers or delinquent juveniles.

there was a lad on today talking about the strife and times of living in a 14 house council estate in Roscommon Town, the poor cunt was being terrorised by just about everyone in the other 13 houses and joe was acting suitably shocked and distressed.

however in the background there was a fucking cat meowing every 5 seconds, it was so clear id say the dirty rodent was sitting beside yerman as he told the tale, the poor bastards 90 seconds of fame was drowned out by a cat, weird fucking radio but il admit i nearly soiled myself listening to it.

there was a debate yesterday about Irish smoked salmon & smoked Irish salmon - only one of them is Irish the other is just smoked in ireland but from somewhere else

Ufc

Excellent stuff.

Fella comes on spouting shite about UFC. Joe indulges him. Joe even calls wrestling a scam, which made me pretty mad.

Wayne McCullough comes on immediately afterwards and tells Joe it was the biggest load of lies he’s ever heard in one go.

How people think that Billy Keane is a bigger cunt than Joe ‘Prickstain’ Duffy is beyond me…

He’s really making a show of himself today. Fuck me he’s an ignorant cunt.

Joe facilitating all manner of crackpots to vent about the government is naturally going to upset a staunch Fianna Fil man like yourself Puke.

As you said on another thread earlier today, if you don’t like it then don’t listen to it.

[quote=“Bandage”]Joe facilitating all manner of crackpots to vent about the government is naturally going to upset a staunch Fianna Fil man like yourself Puke.

As you said on another thread earlier today, if you don’t like it then don’t listen to it.[/quote]

I don’t but i encounter people who do and rattle on about this and that they heard on liveline, most of which is bollocks…

Ah sometimes it’s good. And it’s bloody popular so you may as well hear how the masses are thinking. Which can be scary.

The masses!..Its either unemployable scroungers who are sour and bitter because they are losers or the elderly cribbing about something stupid…Joe then imflames the situation with his scaremongering antics…

Joe Duffy stated on through the medium of the national broadcaster, today, that Wrestling is a scam, and Bandage still doesnt think he is a cunt.

Shocking development for the cunt competition.

Not often I’d agree with Joe mind you. I’m torn now completey for the cunt off.

Could be a topic for tomorrow.

Particularly coinciding with the release of The Wrestler.

[quote=“HangBlaa”]Joe Duffy stated on through the medium of the national broadcaster, today, that Wrestling is a scam, and Bandage still doesnt think he is a cunt.

Shocking development for the cunt competition.[/quote]

Woah now, I didn’t say that I didn’t think he was a cunt, did I? (Weird sentence there). Scandalous stuff from Duffy if that’s what he said. I’ve a good mind to jump him on his way out of RTE some evening before getting him in the figure four leg lock. He won’t be quick changing his mind about wrestling then - the cunt.

Dangerous game to play by Duffy with Kurt Angle in town tomorrow. Maybe he is trying to get them on his show?