The Glorious 12th of July

[quote=“KIB man”]Wonder will Graeme McDowell be wearing the orange pants again?

What a cunt.

Such a cunt of a thing to celebrate too, the sheer inbredness of it, the inbred songs, drums, boring songs.

Truly living in a timewarp. Anyone see that Des Bishop one from Mount Vernon. Personality defect central it should have been called.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - it’s a horrible tradition but they are Irishmen so they are entitled to display their culture however horrible it may be.

It’s a sectarian organisation farmer, given the membership requirements. I’m all for diplomacy but the OO are filth.

Ok the Orange Order are filth but I am just saying that there is an orange part of the tricolour as well.

That’s fair enough, but patting on the back and patronising them telling them they’re really Irishmen doesn’t really work. Well, I don’t think so anyway

Well the Orange Order are a sectarian organisation as you say so there is no place for the likes of that but the orange part of the flag means that some element of displaying their culture must be facilitated.

I think the white part of the flag means peace, not accommodating triumphalist sectarianism.

[quote=“The Runt”]I don’t know if it’s a song SS, I think it’s just a verse.

As far as I know Boherbue is a townland outside NCW but I’m not sure. There are a few different derviations of that verse. Another is:

Abbeyfeale for flour amd meal,
Cahermee for horses,
Newcastlewest for all thats best
and Listowel for kiss me arses[/QUOTE]

Boherbue in in North West Cork, near Millstreet, Kanturk etc

That would be right so., Fuck Cork. :mad: :guns: :clap: :guns: :mad:

Fucking hate the cuntishness that goes with the Orange Order and the triumphalism and notions of the superiority that they engage in.

But calling them sectarian is a common slur from non-OO folk and it never made that much sense to me. Of course they’re sectarian, they’re a religious organisation. They’re no more sectarian than the Roman Catholic Church.

I’d have more problems with unionist politicians using the Orange Order as a political vehicle than with the existence of a religious organisation in its own right.

Boherbue is in Cork round Duhallow area I think.

Full of bastards apparently :mad:

[quote=“therock67”]Fucking hate the cuntishness that goes with the Orange Order and the triumphalism and notions of the superiority that they engage in.

But calling them sectarian is a common slur from non-OO folk and it never made that much sense to me. Of course they’re sectarian, they’re a religious organisation. They’re no more sectarian than the Roman Catholic Church.

I’d have more problems with unionist politicians using the Orange Order as a political vehicle than with the existence of a religious organisation in its own right.[/QUOTE]

Could a Catholic unionist join the OO?

If not, then they are sectarian.

[quote=“KIB man”]Could a Catholic unionist join the OO?

If not, then they are sectarian.[/QUOTE]

They could if they changed religion to Protestant.

Could a Protestant join the Catholic Church? They could - only if they changed their religion.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]They could if they changed religion to Protestant.

Could a Protestant join the Catholic Church? They could - only if they changed their religion.[/QUOTE]

Not the question I asked.

Could a Catholic Unionist e.g. Tony O’Reilly or anyone who supports the Lions join the OO?

Yes or No?

larryduff’s in the Orange Order, as far as I know. Not sure what religion he is though.

[quote=“KIB man”]Could a Catholic unionist join the OO?

If not, then they are sectarian.[/QUOTE]

No idiot of course they couldn’t.

They are no more or no less sectarian than every other religious organisation in the world.

It’s the politics of the organisation that people have a problem with, and rightly so, but condemning a religious organisation on so-called sectarian grounds is just rushing to condemn something you don’t understand.

[quote=“therock67”]No idiot of course they couldn’t.

They are no more or no less sectarian than every other religious organisation in the world.

It’s the politics of the organisation that people have a problem with, and rightly so, but condemning a religious organisation on so-called sectarian grounds is just rushing to condemn something you don’t understand.[/QUOTE]

Thinly veiled “I think the Orange Order are an alright sort” post from rocko.

I’m about to drop an even bigger bombshell when I reveal my thoughts on Kev being an alright sort after he sorted me out for a 130 euro saving at the weekend.

[quote=“therock67”]No idiot of course they couldn’t.

It’s the politics of the organisation that people have a problem with, and rightly so, but condemning a religious organisation on so-called sectarian grounds is just rushing to condemn something you don’t understand.[/QUOTE]

The OO to my mind celebrated all that was great about Unionism and their traditions. Not soley Protestantism. Not sure Martin Luther was around for the Battle of the Boyne - maybe it was part of his pamphlet I dont know.

Afaik they are not strictly a religious organisation therefore if Sir Tony O’Reilly or yourself wanted to join, despite the fact you were a) a committed unionist and b) a cunt, you wouldnt be allowed due to the fact you werent their religion.

That makes it a sectarian organisation in my eyes.

I’m intrigued…

I gave everyone of ye the tip that Laois would beat Antrim, not my fault ye didnt take it…

[quote=“The Runt”]I don’t know if it’s a song SS, I think it’s just a verse.

As far as I know Boherbue is a townland outside NCW but I’m not sure. There are a few different derviations of that verse. Another is:

Abbeyfeale for flour amd meal,
Cahermee for horses,
Newcastlewest for all thats best
and Listowel for kiss me arses[/QUOTE]

Was it a fella called Basil Twicenightly that came up with that one Runt? :mad:

I like the Listowel one to be honest, it rhymes better.