Just Got Dumped

By our landlord. Was contacted by the property management company today who said they’re giving us 112 days to move out (as you do) and that the landlord’s daughter will be moving in.

I admit I never even saw it coming and I thought things were perfect between us. Just goes to show that you should never become complacent in a relationship and should always keep striving to improve yourself.

Now we have to strike the correct balance between wrecking the place enough to piss off the landlord and management company whilst not damaging the place so much as to lose the vast chunk of our deposit when we move out.

I can envisage a good row in the near future as we informed the management company months ago about general wear and tear such as tiles falling off the bathroom wall and they never did any maintenance or repair work.

The fooks will probably try to hold onto our deposit despite not rectifying these problems when we identified them and contacted them about it.

Anyone have any experience of war against landlords / property management companies and the tactics we should employ?

I have a cardboard box that I dont use any more. Could be handy for either putting stuff in or sleeping in. The choice is yours Bandage.

Put a brick through the windows.

After you’ve moved out obviously…

He could also kidnap the landlords daughter or worse.

I’ve been a landlord myself in the past - fairly sound I was about it. That’s not entirely relevant but getting it in before an ex-tennant of mine posts from China about what a prick his landlord used to be.

Any chance of involving the landlord’s daughter in some sort of spit-roasting? Unlikely to invalidate the deposit but will annoy the landlord all the same.

Im sure the landlords daughter is a lovely girl. Try and begin a relationship with her and then live happily ever after with her.

Could be a munter Flano.

I suppose we could directly contact the landlord’s daughter and maybe try to arrange a fake kidnap / ransom scam and then split the proceeds ourselves. Alternatively, I’m thinking of taking a dump in a plastic bag and hiding it in the hot press.

That reminds me of the episode of the Us Office when Todd Packer took a dump in Michaels office. Thats a great idea Bandage.

just out of curiosity lads most seem to be dublin based

where do you live and how much you pay
ranelagh- 700

Bandage, I am a landlord myself so take it handy right!! I would have a 100% record for not getting my deposit back so we generally used trash the place anyways…a good one is take up a floor board and put a raw chicken or something under there a few days before you leave…on the surface the house will look like its perfect but a couple of days down the line…thats when the trouble starts!!

BTW, if you provided to your landlord a copy of a bank statement when you moved in he will use this to trace you through the police

What do you mean “based” in Dublin?

I don’t pay rent.

You live at home Flano. Do you offer up cash to the folks?

I’ll do my own thing. And a lot has changed with my current accomodation status.

[quote=“Bandage”]

Now we have to strike the correct balance between wrecking the place enough to piss off the landlord and management company whilst not damaging the place so much as to lose the vast chunk of our deposit when we move out.
QUOTE]

??? The place is a fuggin cess pit. God help that poor fooko’s daughter when she moves in. She will likely fall pregant as soon as she walks into jugs’ room. Or even more likely catch an STI.

It used to be a nice home - about 4 years ago.

Fiends.

I am based in Dublin Flano, as a Cork man I would never admit to living here, just based here temporarily (18 months and counting)

Don’t rent Danny so can’t help you. What does 700 get you? Double room?

Cork? Enough said.

I’m just glad to be out of Dublin and paying extortionate rent. For what you are paying now dan I am getting a recently built 3 bedroom house 5 minutes from work. Last time I was living in Dublin (2005) I was paying €550 for a small double bed room in a flat in Rathmines. So when I moved, I was getting a better wage and paying €150 more for a house for me and the missus. Lucky in some ways I suppose, as not everyone can get jobs outside of the pale.

[quote=“dancarter”]just out of curiosity lads most seem to be dublin based

where do you live and how much you pay
ranelagh- 700

Bandage, I am a landlord myself so take it handy right!! I would have a 100% record for not getting my deposit back so we generally used trash the place anyways…a good one is take up a floor board and put a raw chicken or something under there a few days before you leave…on the surface the house will look like its perfect but a couple of days down the line…thats when the trouble starts!!

BTW, if you provided to your landlord a copy of a bank statement when you moved in he will use this to trace you through the police[/quote]

Pay 1,650 for a little house in Dublin 4. We have our own bedroom each so it’s 550 per month but the three of us tend to sleep together in Jugs’ room in any case. It’s a bit of a kip, or we turned it from a decent place into a kip, but the location is smashing for town and work. We’ll need to be on our game to get a place as good as it.

Enough said i.e. Im obviosuly a smart lad with a bright future keeping this city afloat