Kilkenny GAA thread 2011

I just make up the numbers really. As you well know it’s very difficult to field a team given the current problems with player numbers

Is the 2011 Kilkenny SFC over yet?

:lol: :clap:

from rte.ie

Kilkenny’s Henry Shefflin and John Tennyson aren’t expected to fully recover from their cruciate knee injuries and make a return to hurling until June.

Tennyson suffered a setback last month when his knee became infected following surgery to have fluid drained from the joint, while Shefflin is faring slightly better following his injury during the All-Ireland final defeat to Tipperary in September.

Selector Martin Fogarty told The Examiner: 'This is the second time that the lads have had this sort of injury and giving them plenty of time to recover is the best thing we can do.

‘We can forget about the league for them. We hope they can play some part of the championship and an optimistic target would be the early rounds.’

Fogarty said of Tennyson: ‘With these sort of injuries, things don’t always work out 100% and he’s had an infection which is a setback.’

While he’s cautiously more optimistic with Shefflin’s progress, saying: 'Henry’s moving along nicely but with rehab you’re flying one minute and the next you’ve a lot of swelling. For the lads, it’s all about being patient.

‘They’ve been through this before and know how tough it can be. The key for them is to take their time. The positive is once they get through all the work they’ll be back and that’s a huge motivating factor.’

The All-Ireland is Tipp’s to throw away.

Agreed.

Jesus Kev, 13,000 posts. Well done chief

Dont be thinking Callan are doing the South proud or are representing us in any way,Callan is mostly populated by scumbag townies with a light scattering of alright sort farmer types thrown in,they’re a dislikeable bunch for the most part and wont be getting any support from me or many other Southern folk to win this nothing competition they’re playing in at the moment.

Also,Im 100% sure that 2011 will be the Year that Rower/Inistioge power their way to winning the Kilkenny Intermediate Hurling championship,i cant fucking wait.

I’ll be giving John Lockes my full support during their campaign in Leinster and hopefully the All Ireland club championships

Good man Fran. Link will be supporting us as well, he’s just trying to get a rise out of us with his witterings above.
He loves our dirty oul town as much as we do.

It’s a fairly undesirable place Piles but I have relations there and possibly had my greatest ever performance at underage level in the hurling field in Callan.

Looking forward to B’Martle and Meelin hammering the KK reps over the coming months. :smiley:

This is the general consensus around the county alright but I like to think that we Callanites consider it a compliment.
Its not easy maintaining a bad rep, and ours has been around for the guts of a couple of hundred years now.
Callain an chlampair abú

Can’t see Meelin being stopped.

Kilburn Gaels are serious bet here lads, they are playing Dicksboro, and they are well well up for it. I know a number of the players they have and they are a serious outfit. They are also 8.0 in PP’s to win it out. Serious odds for the hurlers they have.

Tennyson would have started again for KK in any case. He is not really a loss and doesnt weaken them if Hogan comes back in.

Shefflin obviously is, but at least now KK will plan their approach knowing he’s not there.

Best team of All time with something to prove again??? No value at 6/5 but they’ll win the AI

Really can’t see KK doing it.

Who have they got Kev? Keith Kennedy hurling with them?

I fancy Kilkenny to turn it around again this year but 6/5 without a ball pucked yet this year is a poor offering.

Shefflin being out for so long may be a good thing. We need at least one more forward to step up and lead the line and this is the opportunity. I’d like Richie Power to be that player but I just can’t see it in him yet.

Just close your eyes and think of 6 of the last 9 years
Their consistency of performance has not dropped an iota.

I’m from the parish and not the town. Piles is a corner boy from the town with strong GAA ties so he is set with everyone. I wouldn’t really associate with the townies.

Link, Inistoge should be by-passed and the Rower, well is it anything more than a townsland? In short, TRI will win rap this year, the 'Lockes are going all the way.

Fran, always liked playing in JLP. Can’t say I liked the 'Vegas much but it was where I warmed the bench for the last time in a Lockes jersey so I’ll remember it for that.

Locke, not sure how you got it in to your head that I was a Vegas man but i’ll set the record straight. I have very strong Vegas links and my extended family would be heavily involved with them but I myself togged out for Mooncoin