Kilkenny GAA thread

Meelin

1 Like

AIB GAA Leinster Club Junior Hurling Final. Sat 11th Nov
Innovate Wexford Pk (12.0) St Mogues Fethard (WX) v John Lockes(KK)

@Locke
@Gman
@Piles_Hussain

1 Like

The fecking Annes and their intermediate final taking precedence at 2pm so shoved the Leinster final before it!

More beering time after. Be grand.

1 Like

They beat us in the quarters the cunts. It was only our third competitive match that season. They were whining after that the hurling was too physical in what was the cleanest game I’d seen on the mainland in years.
We should have beaten them. It remains one of my great sporting regrets.

They had some lad called brosnan who was being hailed as the next jbm, but, despite keeping an eye out for him, I’ve not seen or heard of him since.
They had a very good centre back though.

Brosnan has done he’s cruciate 3 times I believe.

1 Like

That’s a shame.

/ Fifi & Ballyragget Appreciation Night \

After a week that showed the beauty of county final celebrations, we bring you a night to appreciate all that’s weird & wonderful.

With a possible guest appearance on the night from Fifi (Still in contract talks)

Free Entry for The Ballyragget starting 15

‘’ DISCLAIMER: Fifi will keep her clothes on… ‘’

Time to move on

1 Like

It was funny for about 10minutes

Big Ned Quinn stepping down. Jimmy Walsh Windgap taking the reins

Big shoes to fill, an excellent administrator by all accounts

1 Like

Big Ned owes the county nothing.

2 Likes

Rats off a sinking ship

2 Likes

An incident during the 2015 Kilkenny JHC final ended in the courtroom with a player being found not guilty of assault.

In the Kilkenny JHC final between Glenmore and Kilmacow on October 25th 2015, it was alleged that Glenmore player Michael Phelan who had represented his county at minor level had assaulted Kilmacow centre back Luke Harney.

A jury of seven women and five men took almost two hours to reach an unanimous verdict of not guilty which was met with a gasp of relief from the defendant and his family.

It was alleged that Phelan had 'jabbed the butt of his hurley through the face guard of Harney’s helmet, causing him serious injury to his eye, all before a ball was thrown in.

The trial lasted three days during which time a number of people at the game gave evidence.

former Kilkenny footballer of the year Michael Phelan there. Had heard that case could have been investigated by the guards, didnt realise it had gone that far though. I had thought he punched him too, didnt hear it was a butt of a hurl. Harney himself was on the Kilkenny intermediate team over the past couple of years.

High jinx, nothing to see here

You’d see worse below at the u6’s

You’d be hoping for worse at the u6’s