Kilkenny GAA thread

Well I suppose if Danesfort hadn’t robbed Richie Hogan from us we’d have a good few alright.

Hey, Richie is a proud Callan man

Danesfort would be a very big parish would it? It seems to go from near the Tipp border to nearly Kilkenny city

It’s big enough

I heard that the trainer who brought them up 2 years ago and kept them up last year (a cousin of mine and Link’s) was shafted because he wanted to keep going with the younger lads but was disagreed with by others including some on the panel.

Did you hear anything about the craic below in Carrigeen this year? I mean they’ve always been a special case but what I’ve heard this year takes the cake.

That’s the place. Hundreds of them in there but none of them under 70 I reckon. Skehan maybe unless Simpson or McGarry hail from that spot.

Heard there was a coup alright, the mafia get their way as usual. It’s a real pity because they’ve had decent success at underage level for a good few years now, much better than when I was involved but it’s not translating to the adult team and hasn’t been for a long time.

Trying to figure which one is your cousin :thinking:

Go on, I don’t think I did

Best of luck to Piltown in the Junior final today!

2 Likes

Bate them knuckle draggers from Dunnamaggin!!

1 Like

Ballyhale best Castlecomer by a point in second of senior semi finals.

Dunnamaggin win the Junior championship 1-16 to Piltowns 2-8. There won’t be a cow milked in Dunnamaggin, Kilmoganny and/or Kells

Are Piltown still selling the auld tickets?

They are. It’s a county wide thing now, but still known as the Piltown Draw locally.

Some money spinner I’d say. Its been going for as long as I can remember.

Yep, same here, can remember it from way back in the day. They did build a fine clubhouse/dressing rooms/handball & squash courts in the early 80s to their credit so that had to be paid for

Piltown Draw Hurler’s Co-Op Draw.

No mention of the Footballers…

Should be a cracking days entertainment in the park today. Big crowd expected, some timber in the first one I’d say.

Would it be worth heading to the senior final today?

I think it should be a good game. I wouldn’t discount the bridge. If you’re going, head early and get the second half of intermediate, Tommy is rolling back the years at wing back. Potentially two good games and a fine day in Kilkenny. Not bad for €15.

Tullaroan in the driving seat at ht, 2-8 to 0-6 again Graigue Ballycallan