Kilkenny GAA thread

Jaysus that’s a low standard

Tiny parish in fairness to them. They have a senior championship and a President of the GAA to their name.

1 Like

I was just going to say…they’d make a great addition to the Waterford junior cship. I remember the underage city league in Waterford back in the day had Mooncoin, Slieverue, Piltown and Kilmacow competing, how the fuck was that ever allowed happen?!

Never knew they had a senior championship. Fair play to them. They have been whipping boys for as long as I can remember though.

Anyway in other news fast Eddie and his management team have stood down from the 21’s.

Always found it funny these fuckers with their thick Waterford accents

Eddie is shit and management and punditry now

1956 I think. Michael Frisby played full forward on the 84 minor team that lost the minor All Ireland to Limerick. I’d say he was their last inter county representative

They had a lad who played minor and 21’s 6/7 years ago who also got a few run outs with the seniors. Can’t think of his name but i think he ended up playing with London for a while.

1 Like

Remember getting beaten by The La Salle in the U12 city league final about 25 years ago

1 Like

I’m not sure if I ever played a game against them, maybe once and we were only down the road

:anguished: :anguished: :anguished:

1 Like

What’s wrong Fran

I played against them in Roinn D schools semi finals 2 years running back in the early nineties. We hammered them both times. Great days. Think they only ended up in the semi final as there was very few teams in the South side of the draw.

Lets just say I have relations in Slieverue

Are they Frisbys?

Wouldn’t think it was 1956. Say 1956 was Bennetsbridge as Mickey Kelly was captain when Kilkenny beat Waterdord in the 1957 All Ireland. That was a match that Waterford really left behind them.

Indeed and they are

Philly Grimes never spoke to Dickie Roche again after his performance in goals that day.

2 Likes

Tell them I was asking for them.