Kilkenny GAA thread

Welcome @Gavrilo-Princip

@Gavrilo-Princip taking no shit here early doors, great to see him sock it to a few of the sneery cunts :popcorn:

1 Like

OOOOOOOFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

@Gavrilo-Princip with a sneak attack that could start a war

1 Like

Who’s playing the games at the wknd on eir?

Interesting, what does the sash represent there?

Hopefully they show more games from the Limerick SHC. Looking forward to Patrickswell and Kilmallock.

1 Like

Not on afaik.

Dublin football on Friday, double header. O’Loughlin Gaels vs Erin’s Own and Ballyhale vs Clara on Saturday as well as Donegal football.

Is that the 1/4 finals in KK?

Yep- Carrickshock vs the Village and Dicksboro vs Mullinavat the other games afaik.

1 Like

I don’t know. You have to earn it. In KK Moincoin Carrickshock and Tullaroan have sashes but they earned them as they won AIs for the county*. Just thought the same for Slieverue. Dungourney won an AI for Cork and have a sash too.

*presuming they won AIs

Palatine in Carlow wear a sash and they sure as jaysus never won a All Ireland.

1 Like

That’s a new one on me - reasons behind a sash

In Limerick, the teams wearing a sash are either a throwback to old style jerseys where they actually put a sash over the jersey and this then became the club colours or else a combination of two older clubs where the original colours have been merged.

I had not heard of a sash being a memorial of an important win.

The stakers never won fuck all

1 Like

Humans of the sash - the story behind the GAA teams sash

The lads from the North wear them as well and their last win was in Derry in 1689.

Buffers Alley wear a sash. Wexford had 5 of their 6 All Ireland titles won before Buffers Alley got around to winning their first county title in 1968, a few weeks after Wexford had won their 5th All Ireland.

Callan get Slieverue in the Junior Semi Final.

#winyourownbattle

Callan will make pure shit of them.