Kilkenny GAA thread

The coogans, Shane Hennessy and a few more

Hennessy was the great white hope at one stage. Is he still playing?

4 Walsh brothers isn’t there?

I wouldn’t consider Slieverue either particularly big or physical but they are willing to get stuck in if needs be in fairness.

Just looking through the Callan team from that was listed to play Galmoy in last weeks programme and they seem a fairly young outfit; as in majority under 25?

I’d wager similar sentiments were espoused in the homes of Conahy and Urlingford over the past fortnight or so.

Which, if any, of these clubs would be eligible for the all Ireland series?

Quiet young alright. Have been building at underage for a fair few years. The first crop came through in 2010 and now the 2nd lot around now. I’d say losing to Mooncoin last year will stand to them. All things been equal they have a great chance to get back into the final and sure it’ll be all down to the day then.

Lockes 2-12 to 0-5 up at ht

O’Loughlins won the other semi

2 draws in the senior today.

2 Likes

Great performance so far by the looks of it. Should be able to get it over the line.

Hon d’Lockes!!

4-16 to 2-11 in the end

1 Like

John Lockes looked two grades better than Slieverue today. They totally outplayed them

1 Like

O’Loughlins beat Castlecomer and the other three senior quarter finals all ended in draws.

O loughlins had a big win in the other semi final against piltown 2-17 to 2.09. What happened there?

The scored 8 points more than Piltown…

Oooft

1 Like

Piltown couldn’t score for shit, had wide after wide and just fell away. Loads of the O Loughlins lads have senior experience.
John Lockes should win the final but O Loughlins will give them plenty of it- Brian Murphy and Alan O Brien are in the full back line and Paddy Delaney is in the goal.

2 Likes

I thought you only watched one team at these things.

2 Likes

Who’s in KK semis - OLG, Ballyhale, Dicksboro, Village?

The three city teams :unamused:

Yes but the replays Dicksboro and the Village won were really close too. Mullinavat will be kicking themselves and Carrickshock were just, well, Carrickshock

1 Like