Kilkenny GAA thread

Muckalee down. Another former AI champion relegated. That’s 2 now in Kilkenny.
Has it happened to any other AI club winner?

doora-barelfield

Kilruane went back to intermediate as well at one stage

City…

4 Likes

Buffers Alley.

Shefflin came on corner forward for the Shamrocls and was taken off again. Also Richie Powers knee went again in the carrickshock game. Probably the last we’ll see of both of them on a field

Was Sheflin just poor or got injured?

Powers job does him no favours

Beyond poor, disinterested even

Christ.

That does not sound like a nice end.

Fair play to manager

I see Eddie O’Connor wants Ned Quinn out and Cody to replace him, with DJ Carey taking over as manager.

Welcome to two weeks ago.

Kevin Kelly scored 3-11 today in intermediate semi

Ooooft etc. I only saw it today. Eddie has his finger on the pulse as always.

Eddie should be the new county chairman. He’d shake things up a bit.

Eddie is cunt of the highest calibre

4 Likes

Very exciting match in the end. Tullaroan brought a three goal deficit back to a point but had leaked too much earlier.
In the other semi it was the Eoin Murphy show in the first half but Eddie Brennan came on for Ballycallan and really helped them turn it around. They came back from being six points down.

I think Ballyragget might actually win it this time.

Ballyhale v The Village and OLG v Dicksboro in the senior semis.
The Village are improving with every match

1 Like

It would be great to see Kelly step it up with the county. Hopefully Ballyragget will win it.
Our county panel goalies seem to be as good as most of the outfield players available.
Village in bonus territory. Hopefully somebody outside Ballyhale wins it.

What game was on in Callan yesterday? passed through,parking was chronic

Two senior quarter final replays

1 Like

Who’d be fancied between Dicksboro v OLG?

I’d imagine OLG are slight favourites and the wise old heads in the club have been quietly confident about retaining for some time. However, that wavered slightly after the Comer match.
Dicksboro will be delighted with this season. They deliberately targeted the early league rounds to get some momentum and they beat OLG in the league final. Cillian Buckley is really performing for them and they’ve been able to conjure up scores at the end of matches when they have desperately needed them.
I still think OLG can win though, no big stand out star like Cillian but less of a tail

2 Likes