Kilkenny GAA thread

Place was jointed!!

2 Likes

There I am. One or two pixels anyway.

2 Likes

Why were the Saturday games at such odd times?

Was that a football or hurling match ?

Brings back memories

1 Like

Jesus wept…

I had one of the greatest games of my life there. U-16 quarter-final against the Emeralds. They were heavy favourites but we put them to the sword thanks to a MOTM performance from @Fran from right half back.

4 Likes

DJ ratified as U-21 manager tonight.

2 Likes

The match report is a great read. :clap:

1 Like

No tunnel no party

2 Likes

Stage one of Eddie’s grand plan compete. cc @Appendage

Did ye win it out ?

No comment :frowning_face:

Mooncoin never feared anyone

1 Like

DJ taking on the U21s.

Good.

Really? Is he a good coach? I’d have thought he’d be the definition of a former great hurler who’d make a terrible coach.

1 Like

He’s been managing Carlow IT in the Fitzgibbon for the last good while and he’s been on the club scene for ages but I don’t know how good he is. I’d like the Kilkenny posters to provide us with insight here.

I know he’s done well with Carlow IT, but I’d have thought that has as much to do with their growing sports program as it would to do with any coaching.

Well compared to the last U21 manager Carey’s managerial experience looks monstrous.

Having good players available is one thing. Having good coaching is another. You need both to get anywhere. Getting Carlow IT to a Fitz final beating DIT, UCC and UL along the way is no mean feat. They only lost one game throughout the competition and that was the final.

I’m happy to see DJ given a chance with the U21s. Let’s see how he does.

Wouldn’t really place much emphasis on a Fitzgibbon Cup track record in all honesty. Brian Lohan has a respectable track record at that level with UL but wouldn’t seem cut out for intercounty senior level.

Think Carlow have had strong enough teams in recent years anyway so not like DJ has moulded a group of club hurlers into a competitive force.

Hope he does well anyway. Seems a decent guy.