Kilkenny Hurling

I know, i know.

Look, we were up against one of the greatest teams of all time. We managed to stick with them until their “power play” just before half time and gave as good as we got for the 2nd half. That’s the most we can expect against a team like Limerick right now

2 Likes

:grinning:

“Their trouncing of Kilkenny in Nowlan Park was as complete a performance as you’ll see at this time of year”

:smiley:

All you have to do is look at the comments in the Allianz League thread to gauge how average Limerick were in the first half (“power play” aside). They were in 2nd gear in a meaningless 2nd half then going point for point with Kilkenny. The media are doing their best to feed the bandwagon this year

It wouldn’t do any harm now to lose a game or 2

1 Like

Now you’re talking.

1 Like

All that practice ye had giving it the poor mouth for years will stand to ye yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are completely out of our comfort zone.

Its all any of us can expect

1 Like

it will of course until we get the PR machine whirring again and the ref’s payments are made.

1 Like

This could be a great year for Kilkenny

That’s the most coherent thing you’ve posted in a long long time

Aye.
Tourist numbers look set for an all time high. Plus the amount of hen and stag parties has quadrupled over the last 2 years.
New hotel going up on the old brewery site.
Could be a bumper year

You can’t ifnore the fact that KK are shite though.

Uncle was saying to be earlier today that he can’t recall Kilkenny at a lower ebb in his lifetime. He rates it as even worse than the bad days of the late 40’s/early 50’s. Where did it all go wrong?

What did Offaly beat them by in 1995 Leinster final in the croker monsoon .

What did Wexford best then by in 1976 Leinster final ??

I think Nowlan park is my favourite county ground, Kilkenny in general is a great away fixture for a day out.

3 Likes

They were two right hidings alright, both were a bit abrupt and out of the blue though. Kilkenny won the league in both 1976 and 1995 and they were both excellent teams who had won back to back All Irelands. Both those defeats signified the end of an era. 1976 was also a bit like the time Man U wore grey jerseys at Southampton and got hammered, Kilkenny wore a funny jersey that day. Its the sustained level of hidings over the past three/four seasons that has knowledgeable Kilkenny hurling fans worried.

Handy enough to get to and from tbf. I left straight after the final whistle and was back in Cork for Half 5

1 Like

Urlingford onto M8 or down M9 through Blaa Land?