W Walsh
C Fennelly
E Larkin
JJ Farrell
M Kelly
A Fogarty

Most interesting selection is Hogan full back. Lots think he should start there

Herity wouldng stop laughing, Hogan may be required at 3 this year

They’ve tried Hogan at full-back before, I think it something they should persist with for the rest of the league anyway

Between Jackie, JJ and Herity teams will have a field day this year.

As fantastic as Jackie & JJ have been it’s time to move on now, even if it means no trophies for this or a couple of years.

Jackie, really?? I don’t think he’s past it, not at full back.

Does Lester Ryan play at centre back for Clara?

The seethibg rage suggests he has never been touched

[quote=“theLockes, post: 916775, member: 58”]Jackie, really?? I don’t think he’s past it, not at full back.

Does Lester Ryan play at centre back for Clara?[/quote]
No. Midfield

Eoin Murphy
Paul Murphy
JJ Delaney
Joey Holden
Brian Kennnedy
Jackie Tyrrell
Cillian Buckley
Richie Hogan
Padraig Walsh
Walter Walsh
Colin Fennelly
Henry Shefflin
JJ Farrell
Mark Kelly
Eoin Larkin

Team taking shape a bit now. Tommy and Brian Hogan must be getting a bit worried.

Murphy
Murphy
Delaney
Holden
Fogarty
Tyrrell
Joyce
P Walsh
R Hogan
Walsh
C Fennelly
Reid
R Power
Kelly
Larkin

M Fennelly a sub.

The league threw in this weekend for the clubs.
Here below is a round up (sort of) of some of the matches and results

• denotes match attended by myself
    **comments made to me by attendees at matches I did not attend myself
    ***comments made to me by players in matches I did not attend myself

Senior

Tullaroan 2-13 Carrickshock 3-13
** Tullaroan had 4 minors and one even younger lad on the team and had a penalty saved in the last minute. (Commentary provided by Tullaroan chap looking on the bright side, I think)

Fenians 0-8 Erin’s Own 1-11

• This was woeful, without even the saving grace of having any decent scraps either ( something 'Comer would usually provide in spades). Fenians have literally no-one to win ball in the half forwards

Danesfort 1-10 The Village 0-18
**Apparently The Village were bad but Danesfort even worse . ( Might have been wishful thinking on behalf of neutral attendees saying The Village were bad)

Dicksboro 1-11 The Rower 1-13
** Dicksboro were brutal (4 different people said the exact same thing to me so I have no idea if The Rower were any good )
*** We were brutal but we can’t get any worse, probably… we will beat The Fenians

Clara 2-14 Ballyhale 2-16
*** Clara deserved the win - we basically robbed it with the last minute goal

St. Martins 1-10 O’Loughlins 2-14

• Prematch whispers suggested all was not well in the OLG camp but they won well enough. St . Martins were fairly dire though

Tullaroan were alright but only really had one plan - get it to Martin Walsh and let him run straight at the defence - pick up the scraps.
Richie Power on the bench but never came on. Rice hurled well.

The Lockes supporters of the forum will be happy to hear that we got our season off to a good start with a 2-17 to 0-8 pasting of Windgap.
Huzzah.

In the Intermediate, there were wins for Emeralds, Lisdowney (just up from Junior, beat last years relegated team from senior), Gowran, St Martins, Thomastown and Mullinavat.

I was at the 'Lockes game. Strong wind from the town end down towards Tube Rollers. Callan played into the wind in the first half. Think it was 0-10 to 0-6 at half time. Some dirty strokes by Windgap in the first half. Their centre back should have got the line after nearly cutting young Ryan Bergin in half.

2nd half the 'Lockes stepped it up a gear. Windgap brought out their full forward to midfield but to no avail. Sheffy scored a couple of goals, headed away before the end as I had the kids with me and the luxurious surroundings that is John Locke Park only held their attention so long. Great to see Ben and Jerry out at half time playing on the hallowed turf, tear in the eye stuff!

Hon d’Lockes! Put them cunts from the hills right back in their place!!

Going to predict that Callan will go undefeated this year in KK’s 3rd tier*

*better standard than Cork intermediate premier grade

I’ve seen elsewhere on teh interwebs that Doobla have beaten our minors today, in Nowlan Park, by 2-8 to 0-3.
wtf fuck :eek:

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 937320, member: 363”]I’ve seen elsewhere on teh interwebs that Doobla have beaten our minors today, in Nowlan Park, by 2-8 to 0-3.
wtf fuck :eek:[/QUOTE]
:eek:

[QUOTE=“theLockes, post: 931954, member: 58”]I was at the 'Lockes game. Strong wind from the town end down towards Tube Rollers. Callan played into the wind in the first half. Think it was 0-10 to 0-6 at half time. Some dirty strokes by Windgap in the first half. Their centre back should have got the line after nearly cutting young Ryan Bergin in half.

2nd half the 'Lockes stepped it up a gear. Windgap brought out their full forward to midfield but to no avail. Sheffy scored a couple of goals, headed away before the end as I had the kids with me and the luxurious surroundings that is John Locke Park only held their attention so long. Great to see Ben and Jerry out at half time playing on the hallowed turf, tear in the eye stuff!

Hon d’Lockes! Put them cunts from the hills right back in their place!!

Going to predict that Callan will go undefeated this year in KK’s 3rd tier*

*better standard than Cork intermediate premier grade[/QUOTE]
If Callan couldn’t beat Windgap they’d be fare shite

Didn’t last year. The new regime will hopefully see us challenging at the business end of things this year.
Hopefully.

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 937320, member: 363”]I’ve seen elsewhere on teh interwebs that Doobla have beaten our minors today, in Nowlan Park, by 2-8 to 0-3.
wtf fuck :eek:[/QUOTE]
Is that hurling or football?

Small ball :o

Ffs if it were football it would be Coolagh!