Kilkenny v Limerick 2019

Busy day so now I look in to see 280 posts on a qualifier game between our hapless crew and a bunch of has-beens. Box office indeed.

From my man - KK are looking good - Aylward and co are going well with game time under their belt. Hogan is going well too - My man says there’s been plenty of timber flying in training since the Wexford loss and they are determined to set things straight… Cody hasn’t had to say much to them, they are righting it themselves.

The CBCC you mean

Tight pitch? Cc @Gman

Heard the morning that he’s out from a good source.

He won’t be back until the quarter final.

If even

Mr Martin seems to have more interest in intrigue rather than hurling .

I heard a rumour that Shefflin is back in training.

Incorrect.

He never left

The chickens are coming home to roost in Kilkenny. They are a broken team. The older lads are crippled due to archaic training methods and young lads coming through aren’t good enough.

That seems to be every fucking body in Limerick these days. All I want is Limerick to just win. Is that so much to ask for?

We will be physically undone here. Simple as.

Those chickens had a nice relaxed stroll home.

2 Likes

God no but I can’t see it even against a Kk team in decline . Both teams were poor in their last game but imho the Wex v Kk game was better than Lk v CE . Add in home advantage and the prospect of a few of their better players upping their game it is hard make a case for Lk . That said I think Lk will perform and then who knows .

1 Like

yes appendage, I see it too. Its an optics thing. People think pitches are tighter because the stands are smaller and closer to the lines. they discount the actual size of the field. Its a particularly poor error to make when calling Nowlan Park a tight pitch, considering it is famously known to have the same dimensions as Croke Park as Cody has his team training there the whole time and wants it to be the same as the pitch they regularly (used to) play on. Not only happens here though, the pundits love talking about the wide open space of Croke Park against the tight confines of Nowlan Park etc.

1 Like

Aylward will surely score all those handy chances this time round. But, while wexford have become a very good team, their full back line is very faulty. Ours will be only stitched together either mind. But I think Finn English Casey/Hickey/Condon would do a better job than the wexicans.

1 Like

Just take Aylwards head clean off in the opening exchanges… he certainly seems to be the one that will drift around and may need a man marker — Fennelly will be a lot harder to handle physically but will be more predictable on the edge of the square…

Byrnes will handle the whole lot of em on his own