Kilkenny v Limerick 2019

Who would take our frees if we dropped him? Casey is probably the only other option and he’s not on the same level as Dowling.

Shane Dowling will meet all the cunts on here at the entrance to the park on Sunday morning at 10am. Shane will have his all-star awards and the Sunday papers eulogising his destruction of the Kilkenny defence and ram it down all their throats.

5 Likes

Lynch would have to start.

More shite.

Fuck off with yourself you windy fucker. I asked you to make a case for Ronan Lynch to start and you still haven’t come back. No wonder you shit your togs and spilled your latte when confronted by a jack on your own home patch.

1 Like

Corner-forward? So he can pick the ball up and run 40 metres backwards looking for someone to pass it to? At least at midfield, he’ll be moving forward with it.

As for the physical side of things, it could be a worry but Lynch is rarely blown out of it. He has a knack of being able to plant himself over the ball and make himself awkward. But who did Kilkenny have there against Wexford? They weren’t giants.

The one worry about Lynch at midfield is that he won’t track runners. And if he doesn’t, I agree we shouldn’t play him there.

I can see why people might want him in the corner. If you told him to just win his own ball and take his man on, that’d be great. But I don’t think it’s his natural instinct.

Calm down. And stop talking shite.

1 Like

Tell me why Ronan Lynch should start.

Because he’s good at hurling.

2 Likes

:rollseyes:

No doubt he is a good hurler , when left to hurl. Unfortunately Kilkenny will have a different plan for him on Sat night if picked. As a defender he picks up great loose ball and is a great to position himself for the passes from teammates , all the while the man he is supposed to be marking is picking off scores at will. Ronan is not one to mark a man tightly .

That’s my point exactly. If for some reason Kilkenny had a man sent off, he would be the ideal player to use as an extra man. But in terms of marking and winning dirty ball, he’s not the player for Saturday night.

Mate, you’ve seen who the ref is?

1 Like

Exactly. So there is no point whatsoever even considering starting Ronan Lynch.

2 Likes

Jesus the Limerick lads are getting woeful excited about this. Get up to KK early lads, have a gander around Kilkenny castle, have the grub in Langtons and a few pints in The World’s End and don’t be getting yere panties in a bunch about an aul qualifier match.

+1

They’ll be bate out the gate… just enjoy the day out.

I take it you dont read Limerick threads too often:joy::joy:

I never even knew they had a hurling team until 8.40am last Monday

4 Likes

@dodgy_keeper, will you really drink 5 pints before the match? Sure you won’t have a clue what’s going on in it. I’m taking your match reports with a large pinch of salt in future.

You’d need at least 5 before watching Limerick.

2 Likes