Kilkenny v Limerick 2018

I find it very interesting people say 3 weeks on the trot will suit Kilkenny…

2017 knocked out of Leinster and beat Limerick in a qualifier by 3 points. Knocked out the following week by Waterford.

2015, 2016 and 2017 they won Leinster and won the all ireland in 15 and 16.
2013 knocked out of leinster and beat tipp, the following week beat waterford in extra time and two weeks after that they were beaten by cork by 5 points in an all ireland quarter final.

Even if you look at 2018. Galway round robin was the third game on the trot and they were hammered. 2 week break and they beat wexford. 3 week break and they draw with galway. 7 days later they are hammered by galway. 2016 and 2010 are the only years KK didn’t win Leinster and win the all ireland. I’d say codys style is based on leinster semi, leinster final, all ireland semi and final. All these games don’t suit Kilkennys style at all. They are built to peak with two weeks and three weeks rest required to recharge and go again.

Infact up until this year I don’t believe Kilkenny have ever played three weeks on the trot in championship. Their record of playing two weeks on the trot isn’t good either. Lost to Dublin in a replay a few years back, hammered by Galway last week. Limerick will win this.

I just looked at this between 1998 and 2017 Kilkenny never play three weeks in a row. In fact they only played two weeks in a row(7 days apart) on 4 occasions. 04, 13(twice) and 2017. They beat Clare in a replay in 04, 2013 they lost to Dublin in a replay, 2013 again they beat tipp and drew with Waterford before winning in extra time, 2017 they beat limerick and 7 days later lost to Waterford in extra time. In 2018 they played Dublin and won, beat Offaly And on the third week they were hammered by Galway. Again in 2018 they played Galway in the Leinster final and drew, 7 days later they were hammered by the same Galway side and 7 days on they now face limerick.

We went 3 weeks in a row in 2004. The semi v the blaas was the weekend after the replayed Clare game iirc.

Correct. Shefflin made a miraculous recovery to play in the Waterford game

We played 3 weeks in a row when Dublin beat us 2013 in a replay and we beat Tipp in Nowlan Park a week later.

So that theory blown apart like Mountbatten’s boat then

I’d prefer to play Cork in the semi-final rather than this formidable Galway unit, after we demolish Clare, so I very much hope Limerick win on Sunday.

That was my first post in this thread Mike. I haven’t laid out my opinion on the game at all yet. You’re out the gate very early with the giddiness.

The only thing Wexford lads will demolish this week are sandcastles on a beach.

and they’ll be back hawking strawberries and potatoes on the sides of roads Monday morning.

I am back in the country (DUB) around 2pm on Sunday 29th July.

Therefore I need Clare to win to have any chance whatsoever of making our semi-final. So, eh up Clare.

I also need Limerick to win.

I replied to the wrong person, apologies.

No bother and not to worry, I’ll poor mouth the shit out of it at some stage. you’ll be good to go then.

Decent tickets available for the Old stand (Ardan O Coinneain) for Sunday on Gaa.tickets.ie

Block 204

Are people burnt out (and broke) from all the games in the provincial round robin I wonder? Looking like poor crowds for both games this weekend.

I’d say alot of people happy to watch on telly and wait to see if their team get to Croke Park at this stage.

Was that after Eyeball Quinn did him?

Let’s be honest , Lk , CE & Wx all bombed in the 2nd half of their last serious game . Kk were well beat as well.

It will take a win at the weekend to re-invigorate respective support .

It’s been expensive enough alright. But the choice of venue for th Wexford Clare match is definitely something that will put people off. Strange time as well. Probably awkward for the farming community.
Probably a few lads here being told to tow the line as well as we’ve all had a good few days out. I’m lucky that the wife just lets me off