Kilkenny v Limerick 2019

We went 3 weeks in a row in 2004. The semi v the blaas was the weekend after the replayed Clare game iirc.

Correct. Shefflin made a miraculous recovery to play in the Waterford game

1 Like

We played 3 weeks in a row when Dublin beat us 2013 in a replay and we beat Tipp in Nowlan Park a week later.

2 Likes

So that theory blown apart like Mountbatten’s boat then

I’d prefer to play Cork in the semi-final rather than this formidable Galway unit, after we demolish Clare, so I very much hope Limerick win on Sunday.

That was my first post in this thread Mike. I haven’t laid out my opinion on the game at all yet. You’re out the gate very early with the giddiness.

The only thing Wexford lads will demolish this week are sandcastles on a beach.

and they’ll be back hawking strawberries and potatoes on the sides of roads Monday morning.

I am back in the country (DUB) around 2pm on Sunday 29th July.

Therefore I need Clare to win to have any chance whatsoever of making our semi-final. So, eh up Clare.

I also need Limerick to win.

I replied to the wrong person, apologies.

No bother and not to worry, I’ll poor mouth the shit out of it at some stage. you’ll be good to go then.

2 Likes

Decent tickets available for the Old stand (Ardan O Coinneain) for Sunday on Gaa.tickets.ie

Block 204

Are people burnt out (and broke) from all the games in the provincial round robin I wonder? Looking like poor crowds for both games this weekend.

I’d say alot of people happy to watch on telly and wait to see if their team get to Croke Park at this stage.

Was that after Eyeball Quinn did him?

Let’s be honest , Lk , CE & Wx all bombed in the 2nd half of their last serious game . Kk were well beat as well.

It will take a win at the weekend to re-invigorate respective support .

It’s been expensive enough alright. But the choice of venue for th Wexford Clare match is definitely something that will put people off. Strange time as well. Probably awkward for the farming community.
Probably a few lads here being told to tow the line as well as we’ve all had a good few days out. I’m lucky that the wife just lets me off

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/brendan-cummins-limerick-will-never-get-a-better-opportunity-to-bury-cats-and-must-shed-gallant-losers-tag-37108719.html

Cummins needs to shut his trap.

2 Likes

Cummins the sneery fucker taking the piss out of the Limerick lads already. He’s building them up so high you just know he’s going to be there waiting if they don’t manage to beat the worst Kilkenny side we’ve managed to assemble for a long long time. There’s some lads on this KK panel that you’d think were picked up by the bus along the way to matches. We all know what Limerick are capable of, we’ve seen it often enough and we’ve been lucky enough to get past them in tight battles in recent years, but sneering them a Thursday before an All Ireland quarter final is a low blow. You wouldn’t hear that level of talking out both sides of the mouth down around Kilkenny. Poor out of Cummins, show a bit of respect.

How bad is this Kilkenny side?