Kilkenny vs Limerick 2007

Smashing achievement by Limerick to come from nowhere to qualify for the final but I think they’ll get absolutely murdered tomorrow. I plan on having a tenner on Henry Shefflin to score more than the combined Limerick team score at 10/1.

2 Likes

Forgot to do that bet which was inconsequential given the shit load of money I lost on other bets over the weekend.

The game was over after 10 minutes as I expected would happen and Kilkenny never really had to get out of second gear despite losing Hickey and Shefflin.

It was a good championship of hurling but it’s a pity the final was such a damp squib.

1 Like

Did you anticipate the roar of the crowd in your calculations?

Ollie Moran was on OTB last night still going on about it

2 posts. The omertà in the Limerick camp must have been even stronger in 2007.

2 Likes

I never saw the 2007 final. I was in a hungover mess in Toronto and just as I was heading off to find a place showing it, a friend texted me to say not to bother.

What’s the story with the roar @anon61956325?

It was loud. Very loud.

It caused Eddie Brennan to fall on top of Seamus Hickey. Hickey never recovered, Eddie did.

1 Like

Was the roar from the Limerick fans or the Kilkenny fans? Did it cause a spontaneous filling of the togs from the Limerick starting 15?

Which TFK poster was it that proffered the excuse of the “roar”?

They were saving all their diesel for the ROAR

What KK fans? - KK scored 2 goals in 8 mins …

There’ll be no roar this time round because all the punters will be too busy enjoying pints of Carlsberg or “Lager” behind the stands. That’s the way it’s gone these days.

1 Like