Kilmarnock v Celtic ☘

Three Eire players in the Kilmarnock match day squad today, I see. Good result for Eire football.

Jones is a nordie bud.

Jack Byrne, Alan Power and Gary Dicker are all from Eire apparently and as you’ve said Jordan Jones is from Northern Ireland. Real Irish flavour at Kilmarnock.

How many players from Eire or Northern Ireland did Glasgow Celtic have in their match day squad today?

Did Byrne come on?

Looks like Stevie G has had quite the impact already in Scotland.

yes
see the Europa league thread were @Bandage and i assessed his imapact on Scotland’s UEFA coefficient

@Bandage must be delighted.

yes
there was no coverage on this forum yesterday of Dundee and Hibs where Andy Boyle was playing center half for “the dee” CC @Bandage and Daryl Horgan outside right i think for Hibs

ST, Johnstone have and always had a very strong Irish representation
Dave Macmillan scored v Aberdeen last week and yer man O Shaugnessey is the skipper there

Hearts are the big Irish club in Scotland and have my support
Jake Mulraeny in the middle, David Forde in goals , the Sammon of College is out on loan also i believe

now these type of things in discussion can deeply embarrass Irish based Celtic fans who squirm very uncomfortably when asked about these teams and why these players dont get their support which is i believe nationalistic in origin,

the data backs up Gerrard’s impact anyway

Are you mixing up David Forde and Colin Doyle, mate?

Glasgow Celtic seems to be one of the most inhospitable clubs in Scotland for players from Eire or indeed the island of Ireland.

6th in a one team league :rofl:

1 Like