Kilmarnock vs Celtic - Wednesday, March 4

Same midfield as Saturday please Strachan.

Marc Crosas simply must play - he gets two goals in this ‘goals of the week’ listing today, quality technique for both:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/

Naylor has a calf strain so O’Dea will probably continue at left back.

Boruc,
Hinkel, Caldwell, McManus, O’Dea,
Nakamura, Brown, Crosas, McGeady,
McDonald, Hesselink.

I just remembered that Hesselink is suspended for this game for reaching the yellow cards limit. Samaras should come in for him and he’s already scored a couple of times at Kilmarnock. Hopefully, those previous goals will prompt an upturn in his form as he’s been rubbish since his injury.

Sammy is pissing away the 70 I placed on him to be top goalscorer - he hasn’t rubbish, he has been a complete different player since his injury like Jeckel and hyde.
Lacks confidedence big time.

O Dea instead of Naylor - excellent.

As for Crosas, he has the potential to be the player who drives us to the league. That thing he does where he gives the ball to other members of his team - don’t know whats its called but I like it

Good man McGeady-welcome aboard. There should be others along shortly to tell you where to go.
What did you get in your leaving cert?

[quote=“McGeady1916”]Sammy is pissing away the 70 I placed on him to be top goalscorer - he hasn’t rubbish, he has been a complete different player since his injury like Jeckel and hyde.
Lacks confidedence big time.

O Dea instead of Naylor - excellent.

As for Crosas, he has the potential to be the player who drives us to the league. That thing he does where he gives the ball to other members of his team - don’t know whats its called but I like it[/quote]

welcome aboard

a lot of hope is been placed in Crosas - heres hoping he can drive us to the league

:cool::smiley:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]welcome aboard

a lot of hope is been placed in Crosas - heres hoping he can drive us to the league[/quote]

We didn’t sign any1 in the window that can give the team a much needed kick in the arse like robson and in a way sammy did last year

Crosas nailin down a place in the team could do just that

Pity Jan’s suspended because you get the feeling he’s been a bit unlucky and just scratching for form a bit whereas Sammy’s just done fuck all. Not sure he ever recovered from the Aalborg game when he was truly dreadful. Certainly hasn’t got going since that injury at all and to be honest even in that dour game against the huns last time I wasn’t hoping he’d come on. Just something completely unconvincing about him.

Ahoy there McGeady.

I’m really positive about Crosas - he’s so assured and comfortable with the ball and very creative with it too. He also controls it and moves it along both quickly and accurately, which gives Aiden and Naka possession before defences are set, and he’s combined very well with Brown in the middle. I reckon he’s got all the tools to be a really classy player.

He hasn’t played very much first team football at all in his career thus far and it appears that Strachan feels he needs protecting from certain games. But the evidence of the games he’s played suggests he’s well able for it. We played our best football last September with him in the side and then again on Saturday.

Marc Crosas, Crosas,
Potentially far, far better than Fabregas.

O’Dea bein in the side is good as well.
Sure he ain’t a left back but either is Naylor!

Needs to be gettin first team football to get into the Ireland squadwhich is missing a left sided centre back

Tonight’s game is in doubt due to snow and gales.

[quote=“McGeady1916”]O’Dea bein in the side is good as well.
Sure he ain’t a left back but either is Naylor!

Needs to be gettin first team football to get into the Ireland squadwhich is missing a left sided centre back[/quote]

In fairness any centre half that cant get ahead of the likes of Caldwell, Loovens and Muckmanus doesnt deserve a call up. Bruce and St. Ledger are better than those three also.

I thought he was set to go to Norwich or some side at the bottom of the Championship on loan in Jan.

[quote=“KIB man”]In fairness any centre half that cant get ahead of the likes of Caldwell, Loovens and Muckmanus doesnt deserve a call up. Bruce and St. Ledger are better than those three also.

I thought he was set to go to Norwich or some side at the bottom of the Championship on loan in Jan.[/quote]

O’Dea wasn’t allowed to go to Burnley on loan as it was felt he would be required for the title run in.

Possibly a good thing. Gary Caldwell’s brother is supposed to be worse than him. He wouldnt have learned a whole lot from him.

Shit, keep us updated Bandage.

Ferry is in the squad again for tonight. Good to see him making progress, been expecting great things from him for a while.

[quote=“KIB man”]In fairness any centre half that cant get ahead of the likes of Caldwell, Loovens and Muckmanus doesnt deserve a call up. Bruce and St. Ledger are better than those three also.

I thought he was set to go to Norwich or some side at the bottom of the Championship on loan in Jan.[/quote]

O Dea is better than brue easily and I have not seen enuf of St Ledger to comment heard a lot about him but seen none.

Back 2 tonight - I think that big disaster Sammy is gonna score 2night laws of averages ffs he hasn’t scored in 9 games!!

Don’t mind KIB Man, he has an inferiority complex due to supporting a trophyless club from the English wastelands.

Pity that O’Dea’s experience is again coming at full back instead of centre half because he’s too slow to play centre half. But it’s better than nothing and gets him some game time and at least it’s better than when he played right back against the huns that time.

I would prefer to see him at left back than on the bench - I agree its not ideal but whats good enuf for John O shea;)

Whats yer man ferry like? did he play in the friendly v Mancity?

[quote=“therock67”]Don’t mind KIB Man, he has an inferiority complex due to supporting a trophyless club from the English wastelands.

Pity that O’Dea’s experience is again coming at full back instead of centre half because he’s too slow to play centre half. But it’s better than nothing and gets him some game time and at least it’s better than when he played right back against the huns that time.[/quote]

Dont know why you persist on bringing up Aston Villa on a Glasgow Celtic thread :rolleyes:

Aston Villa have won league titles, domestic Cups and the…wait for it…the European Cup.

English wastelands / British wastelands. Spot the difference? I cant and as an Irish person I couldnt give a fuck. Weak effort Rock

[quote=“McGeady1916”]I would prefer to see him at left back than on the bench - I agree its not ideal but whats good enuf for John O shea;)

Whats yer man ferry like? did he play in the friendly v Mancity?[/quote]

The one last summer? Don’t think so.

He’s a tidy midfielder who’s had a few injuries recently so he’d want to be making a breakthrough soon enough to get some game experience. But he’s been quality for the reserves and youths for a few seasons now.