Galway - dual travails part 2

2 Likes

Poor aul Jayo just needs to many things going right in a match these days to be a top player again. Even small lads like Liameen Collins can win dirty ball.

Jesus we are down to the bare bones tomorrow in Armagh if a fellow Bearna man is starting corner-back

1 Like

No mcdaid or finnerty

I’m heading across to this tomorrow, the young fella is desperate to see Shane Walsh again. Looking at their clubs I’d say the whole left wing of that team will make a lovely contrast with the locals in the stand. I’d heard Joyce was keen to win the league this year but the 15 named there suggests otherwise.

He’s been absolutely plagued with injury this year in fairness. No Comer, Finnerty, Glynn, McDaid, Heaney and Ian Burke of lads who’ve been available for the League so far. Combine that with Molloy and Silke being out for the season and he’s doing well to stay in Division One if he can.

1 Like

The theory was that Mayo will be in the final and play a B team as its the week before their championship game with the Rossies. So Galway would go all out to beat Armagh tomorrow and then Kerry at home would be the de facto league final.
3 Salthill men, 2 Moycullen, 1 Barna and 1 South Dublin lad starting tomorrow - the fancy Dan headlines can’t be far away again.

Bit of an odd looking team alright unless there are changes. Looks like PJ isn’t too bothered about any potential league final anyway. Then again you don’t know who might have picked up knocks in the past 2 weeks.

1 Like

I dont think we’re actually fully safe from relegation yet is the only thing. A league final appearance would only be a hindrance with the injury situation.

Think they would need to be very unlucky to be relegated from here. They have head to head wins over Tyrone and Monaghan. Drew with Donegal but have a much better points difference than them. Not impossible but they would need results to go against them the last two rounds.

2 Likes

Not even we could contrive to get relegated now. It’s not like we’ve a shower of cowards playing out a draw to get us knocked out because they were afraid of us cc @Bandage

1 Like

Will ye bump the thread ta fuck lads.

Softened a few Armagh coughs again.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Galway have a great record against Ulster sides. Have no idea why the likes of Armagh and Derry were being fancied to beat them last year. The exception being Tyrone.

Ya can’t please every scan

Joe and ollie on tommy tiernan lads

Joe is in “the hospitality bidness” he says. Tommy didn’t give him the opportunity to flesh it out.
It’s a fairly loose title but incorporates wide-ranging ventures I suppose.

Got his finger in a few pies between food and bars. Maisie’s in Athlone he’s always promoting on his Instagram. Think he’s involved in a new place in Galway as well from the crowd that run the House Bars/clubs. Due to open sometime this year.

1 Like

It has been confirmed to Galway Bay FM Sport that David Burke has suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury that rules him out for the remainder of the season. Galway’s all time championship appearance holder came on as a substitute against Clare last weekend. The 2017 All Ireland winning captain suffered the injury in training during the week. Galway Bay FM Sport wishes David a speedy recovery from training.

Probably the end for this General :pensive::thinking:

5 Likes

He was finished four years ago. Owed us nothing

His longevity edges him past Pat Malone as the best Galway midfielder I’ve seen. A joy to watch when on form.

3 Likes