Herr Klopp

I thought it was 40 million? When you tell lies, you should at least try to be consistent

1 Like

You’re getting sidetracked.

We’re talking about the CL.

Juve and Bayern have contested 5 of the last 9 finals.

Man City, Porto and Roma have contested zero.

You seem to be too much of a dinosaur to understand the current landscape of European football.

It would help if you had any idea what you were talking about.

The current landscape of European Football is outside of Madrid, Liverpool knocked out one of the two strongest sides in the competition to get to the final, Manchester City. Neither Madrid or Liverpool had to face Barcelona to get to the final.

That’s an illogical statement.

Man City are European failures, they’re lightweights at this level. They’d at least have made a final if they were in anyway decent.

It makes perfect sense. Spain and England are the two strongest leagues in Europe. This is also borne out by current UEFA co-efficients. Barcelona and Manchester City won Spanish and English leagues in a canter this season. Barcelona and Manchester Ciry are both better than any of PSG, Juventus or Bayern Munich.

Man City have only ever made it out of the CL group three time in their history. This is the CL and Man City’s record, past and present is utterly appalling. You’re basing your argument on an inflated sense of English football.

English football has only yielded one winner in 35 years of the CL which was decided in a manner you don’t deem a lottery. That’s fairly pathetic. They have now lost 7 of their last 11 CL finals and 3 of those English wins were by penalties.

Liverpool were the first English side to contest a final in 7 years.

The EPL is a laughing stock.

The ‘Champions League’ format as you have referred to it as, has been around for 25 years, since season 1992/93 and not 35 as you have erroneously stated. You’re really not up to the pace of it here as you constantly rely on falsehoods/lies to premise your weak arguments.

2 Likes

Why can’t you address the insipid recent record of English clubs in European Cup and Champions League finals?

4 wins in 34 years and 3 of those are wins that you concede were by a lottery system. And you’re the guy trying to inflate the value of the English club game?

1 Like

I might have. You’re coming across as somewhat of a bigot, sad to say. It’s, in your mind, your way or the highway. I really have no interest in your single-mindedness - I opposed your ideas on the recent Referendum and voted with my own conscience. You, on the other hand, sided with Rome.
Well I can tell you that Rome have a lot to answer for in this state (as distinct from the island).

Now you can smoke that pipe whatever way you want but we’re different people with different ideaologies and a different vision and expectation of the future. The Bishop’s crozier is last century, the Free State have nearly almost moved on and yourself and your buddy Mickey Harte can scrabble around in the afters.

11 Likes

You don’t.

Why don’t you address Juventus tog filling in just about every European final they play in and stop bigging them up as part of your desperate attempts to make Italian soccer seem relevant in the modern game.

Club season over now for another few months. Focus switches to England’s assault on World Cup glory.

Why don’t you address klips abysmal record

1 Like

I’ve only pointed out the fact that Juventus have much more recent pedigree than Porto at this level.

Man City have no pedigree so that’s a non starter.

You then absurdly tried to proclaim City as the 2nd best team in Europe because they’re English.

When I pointed out English football’s recent abysmal record in European Cup/Champions League you again tried to shift the goalposts. I can beat you any which way you want me to Geoff.

1 Like

Excellent post mate.

Juventus have no pedigree of lifting European trophies since 1996 (asterix there as well of the lottery after drawn final against Ajax). Porto have three time pedigree in winning European trophies this century in 2003, 2004 and 2011.

You’re shifting the goalposts again.

We’re talking about the Champions League.

Juve have recent pedigree to show they are a force to be reckoned with, they have eliminated Barca and Real in recent seasons and contested two CL finals in the past 5 years. Between Bayern and themselves they have contested 5 of the last 9 finals.

They both gave Real a tougher tie over 180 minutes than the sorrowful showing Liverpool put up tonight.

You are still continuing to ignore the insipid recent record of English clubs in European Cup/Champions League finals in the past 34 years. 3 of their paltry 4 wins have came by a method you refer to as a lottery system. It would be nice for you to address as an embarrassing record under your own criteria.

So Bottleham got knocked out by a less than decent side?

So you’ve now moved on from your usual criteria of winning trophies, everything else is failure to a new criteria of who gave Madrid the best game over 180 minutes in losing.

I’m sure you’ll be very impressed by Spurs performance against Real Madrid using your new criteria. Over 180 minutes, Spurs drew 1-1 at the Bernabeu and then beat Real Madrid 3-1 at the Empire Stadium.

Spurs beat them in games that were utterly meaningless, they were not knockout ties. Madrid did the business and won the cup, Bottleham were eliminated on their home ground by a team you deem less than decent.

2 Likes